Reload this Page >

Visa whilst residency processed

Visa whilst residency processed

Old Dec 12th 2018, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

c_wal10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa whilst residency processed

After some advice.
We have previously had residency which was issued in 2014 but because we left NZ for 3 years it expired. So we are going through it all again.
Last time we applied my husband had a work visa and me and the kids came in on the 6 month waiver, when we submitted our ITA me and the kids were given a visitor visa so we could stay in the country legally whilst our residency was processed. We didn’t apply for it, it was given.
We are back in NZ now. My husband has a work visa and I sent our ITA for this time in on the 26th Nov (not heard off immigration yet though) and our waiver is up on the 27th Jan 2019.
I have spoken to someone in immigration today who said that we will have to apply for a visitor visa while our residency is processed, it won’t be given this time.
Just wondered if this is right or will our caseworker (when we get one) give us a visitor visa like last time?
Hope that makes sense and thank you
Old Dec 13th 2018, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa whilst residency processed

Originally Posted by c_wal10 View Post
After some advice.
We have previously had residency which was issued in 2014 but because we left NZ for 3 years it expired. So we are going through it all again.
Last time we applied my husband had a work visa and me and the kids came in on the 6 month waiver, when we submitted our ITA me and the kids were given a visitor visa so we could stay in the country legally whilst our residency was processed. We didn’t apply for it, it was given.
We are back in NZ now. My husband has a work visa and I sent our ITA for this time in on the 26th Nov (not heard off immigration yet though) and our waiver is up on the 27th Jan 2019.
I have spoken to someone in immigration today who said that we will have to apply for a visitor visa while our residency is processed, it won’t be given this time.
Just wondered if this is right or will our caseworker (when we get one) give us a visitor visa like last time?
Hope that makes sense and thank you
You were given a visa waiver, so no need to apply for anything the first time. Now that has expired you will need to apply for visitors visa; ordinarily visitors don't need to apply for a visa since it is given simply by way of a stamp in your passport on arrival. I assume since you missed that step that you need to apply or otherwise have to leave the country on 27th January.

You need to be getting your finger out, rather than debate the matter, as we all know immigration like everywhere else will be in shutdown mode probably as of this week. The office Christmas party season is in full flight this week and you wont be getting much sense or decision out of anyone in Government offices until at least the second week of January.