Wikiposts

Visa what visa?

Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:20 am
Just Joined

wardiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa what visa?

HELP NEEDED

My husband has been offered a job in NZ, the contract he has been sent is for an initial period of 3 months and then it will be reviewed. Should we apply for a temporary work permit, which i believe you don't need the medical etc for. If so how easy is it to extend your work permit once you are over in NZ. I am very confused the job is waiting, but we have no idea how to proceed and ofcourse we are trying to sell our house aswell.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:34 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa what visa?

I don't know about temporary work visas, but if you apply for full residency and the immigration service know that you have a job ready and waiting that they'll rush everything through for you. You can apply for the full resdiency on-line (much cheaper than going through an agent), and it is fairly simple - we went through the whole process last year with a job waiting here. You just need to know what they need and at which point so that you can apply for all your documents - eg medicals, police checks, full birt certificates etc.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 11:06 am
Just Joined

wardiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa what visa?

Originally Posted by P18PPS
I don't know about temporary work visas, but if you apply for full residency and the immigration service know that you have a job ready and waiting that they'll rush everything through for you. You can apply for the full resdiency on-line (much cheaper than going through an agent), and it is fairly simple - we went through the whole process last year with a job waiting here. You just need to know what they need and at which point so that you can apply for all your documents - eg medicals, police checks, full birt certificates etc.
Thanks for the message, I thought that to apply for residency you had to prove the job would be for a minimum of two years. I am getting very confused with it all, the more I read the less clear it becomes