Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Visa Cost going up! end of May

Visa Cost going up! end of May

Old May 11th 2010, 11:51 am
Just Joined

rja4096 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Cost going up! end of May

Hi, I've just recieved the email below stating the cost to process the ITA will be £865 insteaqd of the £705 I was expecting, do you think this means that if the pound recovers that they will reduce the cost again?

Cheers, Rick

-------

Dear customer,

Immigration New Zealand is changing the application fees payable for all applications received by offshore branches on and after 31 May 2010. We are changing the fees because currency exchange rates have changed significantly in recent months, and the fees that we charge outside New Zealand are no longer aligned with the value of the New Zealand dollar.

The fee changes affect applications for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category. The application fee will increase to GBP £865.00 for applications submitted on or after 31 May 2010. This fee is the application fee payable for all applicants who are yet to submit their application and applies to all applicants who have received an invitation to apply. (Please also know that 31 May 2010 is a public holiday in United Kingdom and the London Branch will be closed.)

To ensure that you pay the lower fee please submit your application to us on or before 28 May 2010. Please note that any applications received after this date will be subject to the higher fee irrespective of the fee quoted in the Invitation to Apply.

Our Office and Fees Finder will be updated on 31 May 2010. For a list of our new application fees click here.

If you are unable to submit your complete application on or before 28 May 2010 please ensure that you enclose the correct amount for payment of the new application fee to ensure your application is submitted successfully and processed as quickly as possible.

We look forward to receiving your application soon. Good luck!
Old May 11th 2010, 12:15 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Cost going up! end of May

Ouch. With the bad exchange rate and the price increase it means UK emigrants will get hit twice. I wonder if it will effect the demand for places?

As to bringing the price down again. When does that EVER happen? With ANYTHING??

Oops, where did I put my positivity hat? You know they used to pay people to go! Perhaps when all the kiwis have moved to Australia they might start paying again?

WP
Old May 11th 2010, 1:00 pm
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Visa Cost going up! end of May

Originally Posted by rja4096
Hi, I've just recieved the email below stating the cost to process the ITA will be £865 insteaqd of the £705 I was expecting, do you think this means that if the pound recovers that they will reduce the cost again?

Cheers, Rick
Yes, we've just noticed that as we are redoing ours. Cheeky b's