Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Vehicle insurance in NZ:

Vehicle insurance in NZ:

Old Mar 28th 2007, 7:54 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Vehicle insurance in NZ:

Originally Posted by lardass
"covers" being something of a loose term...... I could mention the word "peanuts" again but might be shot down for it......

yes, even on HBC we are paying State a bit more for a little Mazda Demio bus thingie ......hohum.....
Don't get it ?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:13 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DiffordA
We have just got ourselves a cheeky little Rav4 4wd 1994 and it cost us £508.20 for the pair of us (Both 27) fully comp! We were very pleased with that.

Could someone explain the whole UK - Kiwi license thingy fully so we can get on with it?

Thanks all.

PS. Just experienced coming from South Auckland through the city at rush hour, THAT SUCKED!!! And it raining loads! But still luvin it!

Amy
Your UK licence lets you drive in NZ for up to 12 months under an international licence. To get a kiwi licence you need to go to a testing centre and do a theory test. The Road Code gives you all the questions - it's a 40 question multi choice test, takes about 5-10 minutes to do (they give you 40 minutres). You then have a basic eye test, they take your photo, you pay a fee (about $80 if I recall correctly) and a shiny New Zealand licence arrives in the post a few days later.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:21 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ClubSkoda
Your UK licence lets you drive in NZ for up to 12 months under an international licence. To get a kiwi licence you need to go to a testing centre and do a theory test. The Road Code gives you all the questions - it's a 40 question multi choice test, takes about 5-10 minutes to do (they give you 40 minutres). You then have a basic eye test, they take your photo, you pay a fee (about $80 if I recall correctly) and a shiny New Zealand licence arrives in the post a few days later.
Of course if you pass
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:24 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
Of course if you pass
I'm assuming you would if you've read the Road Code
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Rob's Club Soda
I'm assuming you would if you've read the Road Code
Let's hope so, you have to be pretty un-observant not to
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Its easy peasy... nothing to worry about. Just need to memorise all the test questions in the back of the book. I kept putting it off and off but it was fine and if I can do it anyone can.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:23 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

It's soooo easy, took me about five mins max and I was turning the card over looking for more questions cos I just didn't believe that's all you had to do