Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Vehicle imports, help wanted

Vehicle imports, help wanted

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:37 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vehicle imports, help wanted

I've had a message from a lady on another forum I use, kiwibiker, asking for information about importing a bike from UK.
It's an old Honda 750, so I've passed the info and references for compliance, ownership and stuff, but as my bike came as part of my house contents, she is looking for info about a single vehicle import. Companies, prices, recommendations etc.
If anyone can help, please either pass info or your email address and I'll forward it to her.
She's called Sarah by the way, and she's a vet (I think).
Thanks.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Happy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to all
Default Re: Vehicle imports, help wanted

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
I've had a message from a lady on another forum I use, kiwibiker, asking for information about importing a bike from UK.
It's an old Honda 750, so I've passed the info and references for compliance, ownership and stuff, but as my bike came as part of my house contents, she is looking for info about a single vehicle import. Companies, prices, recommendations etc.
If anyone can help, please either pass info or your email address and I'll forward it to her.
She's called Sarah by the way, and she's a vet (I think).
Thanks.

Hi

I've copied part of an e-mail sent to us, it may be useful. We hoped to bring a camper van in with us, the quote for shipping that is £4,500 A bike I guess would be a lot cheaper since it's not 7m long. Mind you, going on the house prices, we could very well end up living in it!

I haven't followed up any of the links below since it may not be an option for us to bring a vehicle, and I reached saturation point with the research and stopped for a while.

"The oorganizationslisted below are appointed by the Director of Land Transport to advise on the suitability of vehicles for import. They carry out entry certification of imported used vehicles and new vehicles that are imported by persons other than the vehicle manufacturer’s representative in New Zealand :

Automobile Association (AA), phone +64 9 966 8800, fax +64 9 966 8893, email [email protected]
On Road New Zealand, phone +64 9 444 6921, fax +64 9 444 1827
Vehicle Inspection New Zealand (VINZ), phone +64 9 573 3055, fax +64 9 573 3059
Vehicle Testing New Zealand (VTNZ), phone +64 4 381 6500, fax +64 4 381 6530, email [email protected].
I have also provided a link to "MIA list - Contacts for compliance information", should you have further compliance questions.

www.landtransport.govt.nz/importing/mia-list.html"