Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

vegetarian restaurants in Christchurch

vegetarian restaurants in Christchurch

Old Oct 12th 2009, 11:18 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of
Default vegetarian restaurants in Christchurch

i did a google search and there seems to be many veggie restaurants in christchurch.

could anyone reccommend one for our first night in CHC on our scouting trip? we arrive on a saturday afternoon... and will i need to make a booking or can we just drop in?

thanks xx
Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:55 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: vegetarian restaurants in Christchurch

no,i think you need to meat up first.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spankysparkle
i did a google search and there seems to be many veggie restaurants in christchurch.

could anyone reccommend one for our first night in CHC on our scouting trip? we arrive on a saturday afternoon... and will i need to make a booking or can we just drop in?

thanks xx
Never tried a veggie restaurant mainly because unless it moo, baa'd or clucked i don't see the point of eating it but, try this link

http://www.vegetarianchristchurch.or...ge=restaurants

But will ask and see what I can dig up
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:45 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

i found a great place with fab reviews that even carnivores like yourselves love, apparently!
mmmm veggies yumyumyum
Old Oct 18th 2009, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

debj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud of

Hi!

The hub is a veggie and we went to the Lotus Heart which is in Cathedral Square, above Starbucks. Its a buddhist restaurant; no alcohol, no BYO, but service fantastic and food very nice. Matt spent about 15 minutes just looking at the menu, what with more than 1 option available!
Dux de Lux is also ok, thats not too far away. A nice place for a beer and quick meal outside when the weather is fab.

Deb
Old Oct 18th 2009, 11:01 am
happy daisy

Originally Posted by debj
Hi!

The hub is a veggie and we went to the Lotus Heart which is in Cathedral Square, above Starbucks. Its a buddhist restaurant; no alcohol, no BYO, but service fantastic and food very nice. Matt spent about 15 minutes just looking at the menu, what with more than 1 option available!
Dux de Lux is also ok, thats not too far away. A nice place for a beer and quick meal outside when the weather is fab.

Deb
thanks Deb! The Lotus Heart gets great reviews, but unfortunately they are closed when we're in Christchurch as it is a holiday weekend, so sadly we have to give it a miss, but I found The Bodhi Tree which is also supposed to be good :0)
Old Oct 19th 2009, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

debj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud of

Ooh, where's that? Will have to give it a try!

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:16 am
happy daisy

Originally Posted by debj
Ooh, where's that? Will have to give it a try!

The Bodhi Tree - 808 Colombo Street, Christchurch

I didn't get to go there either, but managed lunch on our last day at the Lotus Heart and I must say it was the best veggie burger I've ever had. YUM YUM