Validating visa

Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Validating visa

We are hoping to validate our visa next month. We have PR through Skilled Migrant Category and have to validate by Oct 6th.

As yet, we haven't sold our house and we need the money from that to finance our move. We have s18A on our visa which says that OH has to take up offer of employment within 3 months of first residence visa being granted. We were hoping that we could validate, return to UK and then OH go back to NZ within the 3 month time limit.

I have emailed NZIS to ask what would happen if he fails and they say they need to check if we can leave after validating

I though if you had RRV you could come and go for 2 years? I know if you haven't spent majority of that in NZ we wouldn't get RRV.

Anyone know?

Many thanks
Old Aug 17th 2010, 7:02 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Validating visa

I think you need a plan B as a further 3 mths running into Chhristmas I really can´t see springing a house sale - and that is the real problem you have by the look of it. (and I do understand that the asking price may come from what you need rather than what the market will stand for the property).

To-ing and fro-ing during the 3mth period won´t leave much time to find and take up work I wouldn´t have thought - although you do seem to have been able to sort 2 job offers while in the UK so far....wouldn´t want word to get around that you aren´t likely to take an offer up, that would mess up everything - and some trades here are quite small in size....
Old Aug 17th 2010, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Think we are on plan Y now! House has been on market since Ocober. We are the lowest priced 3 bedroom home in our town BUT we are one and a half miles from the station (bus every 15 mins 100yds away) and we have a small garden. Feedback is that house is great - nothing to do, just move in but distance from station and garden size, all things I can do nothing about.
Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 8:58 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy64
...all things I can do nothing about.
Nothing but drop the price until you get a buyer....may be the lowest price but unless you are getting interest the brutal truth is the market isn´t supporting the price its at.

I really can´t see the market shifting in the next 3 months