Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Vaccine - NZ strategy?

Vaccine - NZ strategy?

Old Dec 8th 2020, 7:03 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccine - NZ strategy?

Originally Posted by Charismatic
So much for all of our forecasts about a Covid baby boom, New Zealanders can't afford to have children any more.
Or perhaps it's personal choice and has nothing to do with money. Parenthood isn't for everyone 🙂
Old Dec 9th 2020, 12:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Or perhaps it's personal choice and has nothing to do with money. Parenthood isn't for everyone 🙂

Quite Pom_ChCh. Quite. It could also be that young NZers have got sensible in their expectations and , like several young couples I know, have decided to go that good old fashioned route . Bought do-ups. Are saving and have chosen to wait to have kids whilst they get themselves sorted. Rather than have the kids and then bewail what they then cannot afford to achieve.

Thread title was about the vaccine . Now it seems it is yet another thread for those anti Adern & the current Govt to find ways to have their little pops. *sigh* It's boring.

Covid Vaccine Planning NZ

Old Dec 9th 2020, 8:48 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks BEVS. There was some talk of early participants needing to download an app. to track any side effects but I've not heard it mentioned since.
Old Dec 9th 2020, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

How long till someone claims the vaccination plan is racist and goes against the treaty
Old Dec 10th 2020, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
How long till someone claims the vaccination plan is racist and goes against the treaty
No doubt that any inequity will be avoided by way of a separately targeted campaign with dedicated teams set up specifically for Maori Whanau and pacific people.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
Hoping that travel will gradually open up at least in time for Xmas 2021.
By that time there should have been significant vaccination and proof of a vaccination plus a negative Covid test should be enough to classify people as safe to travel.
I think that if initial travellers were quarantined to confirm that they didn't import Covid, then after 3 months the restrictions could be eased.
Well, we have had our first dose (Pfizer) and hope/expect to have our second dose around end April beginning of May.
Perhaps even earlier as our local GP practice seems to be well ahead of the centralised NHS mass vaccination clinics.

Assuming NZ will be done by the end of this calendar year and may then be able to gently open up to tourists.

We are conflicted; we want to get to NZ a.s.a.p. but don't want to add to the risk to our family members who are safe and well behind the safety measures.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
We are conflicted; we want to get to NZ a.s.a.p. but don't want to add to the risk to our family members who are safe and well behind the safety measures.
I don't see how you would be conflicted; this Government simply will not allow or enable you to put your family members or other new Zealanders at risk. Travel will not be opened up until majority of people here and elsewhere have had the vaccine and no doubt some forms of isolation measures and checking on vaccine status for incoming people from overseas will need to be put in place.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I don't see how you would be conflicted; this Government simply will not allow or enable you to put your family members or other new Zealanders at risk. Travel will not be opened up until majority of people here and elsewhere have had the vaccine and no doubt some forms of isolation measures and checking on vaccine status for incoming people from overseas will need to be put in place.
Na at some point after so much % of the population has been vaccinated. They are going to have to let the virus spread and control it.
They can't let the virus run now because of the poor health care system.
As soon as the border opens up your going get the virus in NZ no matter what.
But if a high % of the population has been vaccinated it will be like containing the flu just now.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jarv5116
Na at some point after so much % of the population has been vaccinated. They are going to have to let the virus spread and control it.
They can't let the virus run now because of the poor health care system.
As soon as the border opens up your going get the virus in NZ no matter what.
But if a high % of the population has been vaccinated it will be like containing the flu just now.
I am under the impression that the vaccine NZ will be using initially is 95% effective. I think that means it is good enough to take care of the virus before the person gets any symptoms, in 95% of cases. So I don't think there will be any rush to relax the border until all those that want to be vaccinated have received it.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 7:44 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garethwm
I am under the impression that the vaccine NZ will be using initially is 95% effective. I think that means it is good enough to take care of the virus before the person gets any symptoms, in 95% of cases. So I don't think there will be any rush to relax the border until all those that want to be vaccinated have received it.
The BioNTech/Pfizer one has been well proven as effective against all variants so far.

MIQ doesn't appear to be capable of handling demand any more, it's presently fully booked as far in advance as bookings are allowed.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be getting it early on in Oz as I've been working in an Aged care facility 😊
Old Feb 21st 2021, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garethwm
I'd be surprised if NZ is open this time next year.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

I read that NZ hopes to have all vaccinated by the end of the year, ie 5 million in 10 months; pretty lousy in my opinion. Chile, has vaccinatec just under 3 million in 3 weeks.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 12:51 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by dfjordan
I read that NZ hopes to have all vaccinated by the end of the year, ie 5 million in 10 months; pretty lousy in my opinion. Chile, has vaccinatec just under 3 million in 3 weeks.
I think the issue is vaccine supply. New Zealands main order isn't due to arrive until June or July. The government will be eager to do this rapidly as otherwise one coughy boy could spoil the party.
Regarding travel I'm not sure if there is a substantial benefit of keeping borders closed once everyone who wants a vaccine has had one? It seems that Coronavirus will become endemic in human populations anyway. That said I expect easing will be cautious with triplicate testing replacing MIQ.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
I'd be surprised if NZ is open this time next year.
Me too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.