Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Usual News from my home town

Usual News from my home town

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:06 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Usual News from my home town

Thought I would share news from my home town! oh how I miss the hoodie gangs, they are so tough attacking a old man!, as follows:-

A LARGE gang of youths attacked a 68-year-old man in Daventry, leaving him with a cuts and bruises.
The first assault happened in the Holy Cross Church graveyard in the town centre at around 6.30pm on Saturday (February 15).

The gang then assaulted him for a second time shortly afterwards, outside Casey's Club in Market Square.

The victim was left with a cut eyelid and a sore cheek.

The main offender is described as white, aged 16, 6ft 2ins tall and of athletic build.

He was wearing a grey hooded top and dark trousers and was part of a large group
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Usual News from my home town

Originally Posted by love30stm
Thought I would share news from my home town! oh how I miss the hoodie gangs, they are so tough attacking a old man!, as follows:-

A LARGE gang of youths attacked a 68-year-old man in Daventry, leaving him with a cuts and bruises.
The first assault happened in the Holy Cross Church graveyard in the town centre at around 6.30pm on Saturday (February 15).

The gang then assaulted him for a second time shortly afterwards, outside Casey's Club in Market Square.

The main offender is described as white, aged 16, 6ft 2ins tall and of athletic build.

He was wearing a grey hooded top and dark trousers and was part of a large group
It doesn't only happen in the UK...we hear of stories like this every few days in the New York area....a frail elderly person attacked. IMO the scum who pray on the most vulnerable of our society deserve to be locked up for life.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:29 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm

Gosh, sounds like you've come from a rough area. Bet you're glad to be out of it now!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by jmh
Gosh, sounds like you've come from a rough area. Bet you're glad to be out of it now!
Actualy no it supposed to be a nice area, thanks I was not living in a rough area! look Daventry Northants up (google it)
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:41 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

It's very similar to the 85 year old war veteran here who was bashed badly in the RSA car park. They have now charged an 18 year old scumbag ...
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:44 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
It's very similar to the 85 year old war veteran here who was bashed badly in the RSA car park. They have now charged an 18 year old scumbag ...
The RSA carpark! No, that is bad.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
What a gang of Hoodies!! thats the usual in Daventry and happens every week.

at least my kids can go to the local park without me worrying! and have no Teenage thugs hangining around and they have even been down there at 10pm at night, never would I let them do that in Daventry! too many gangs hanging around
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

New Plymouth...

Two men are in custody after a New Plymouth man was knocked out in an allegedly unprovoked assault yesterday.

The 23-year-old victim ended up in hospital with cuts and bruising to his head.

Police told the Taranaki Daily News that the man was part of a group walking along St Aubyn St, when they were set upon by another group about 12.30am.

Detective Trish Clarke said police were concerned at the escalation of violence on New Plymouth's streets.

"It is becoming way too common and it's very dangerous," Mrs Clarke said.
Straight from the police
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Browner_
New Plymouth...

Straight from the police
Well Well I thought it would be only a matter of time before someone posted one about crime in new Zealand, as I said it happens all the time in the Uk, just dont get reported!, and I am not that blinkered to know it happens here also. like everywhere.

all I know I dont miss the uk, but not only for the crime, dont miss the weather, ass oles, crammed houses, Hoodies and chavs...lol, rude people! crowds, traffic jams!!!

but just for the record I miss the clothes shops, pretty villages and family.

ok happy now!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Bobs Chocolate is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Croydon, south London. This kind of stuff happens here all the time.

Man killed visiting newborn son
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7860342.stm

Shooting here, drive-by there. People find loaded guns on the pavement. And the usual stabbing of course.

Going out after dark is a very bad idea.

We are fed up. We are planning to move away from here but in the long term it will be moving to another country where kids can still go to a park where they don't find needles on the benches and Hoodies hanging around.

At the moment we are thinking about New Zealand or Canada.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:44 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bobs Chocolate
I live in Croydon, south London. This kind of stuff happens here all the time.

Man killed visiting newborn son
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7860342.stm

Shooting here, drive-by there. People find loaded guns on the pavement. And the usual stabbing of course.

Going out after dark is a very bad idea.

We are fed up. We are planning to move away from here but in the long term it will be moving to another country where kids can still go to a park where they don't find needles on the benches and Hoodies hanging around.

At the moment we are thinking about New Zealand or Canada.
Good grief that is terrible. It will take you some time to go through the immigration programme but in the meantime you really should move somewhere safer. I don't live that far from you and have not experienced any of those things, so it shouldn't be too difficult to move without too much upheaval. Crime has dropped in this area and is quite low. We also have top quality schools here so you won't need to compromise on an education. I would have no hesitation walking after dark.

Do you research well when you immigrate. I don't know Canada, but parts of NZ have a gang culture and drug problems, and obviously you want to avoid those areas, especially as there are so many lovely places to live there.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

I spent the last 25 years trying to put this sort of scum where they belong, behind bars. But the Goverment instruct the courts that it is unacceptable for these young misunderstood youths to be sent to prison. They should be given some community service and left to roam the streets carrying out the same offences time after time until they kill someone then, and only then, can they can be imprisoned.
I am glad i am out of the Police now because it was always the poor bobby on the street that gets the blame from the law abiding public when they still do their best to lock the scum up only to find that the courts release them.
Thats my rant for this month.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:45 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't we have claim to some artic islands? We could just dump them there with survival gear and airdrop food every once in a while .

For many repeat offenders rehabilitation doesn't work, all they do is clog our court system as they go through the merry-go-round of prisons and parole boards. People complain about short sentances and parole boards but the real problem is that the cost of operating prisons is really a massive drag on the rest of society.