Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Using a NZ based removals co instead of UK?

Using a NZ based removals co instead of UK?

Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice
Default Using a NZ based removals co instead of UK?

We're in the process of getting quotes to ship our stuff and I've been looking at the previous posts about the different movers. One thing that comes across is that people seem to rate the packers in the UK higher than some of the deliverers in NZ, including the helpfulness of the NZ cos. in dealing with MAF and customs etc.
I would guess that most if not all of the people have contracted with and paid the UK co and the NZ co is acting as an agent or subcontractor of the UK one. Has anyone organised their move via a NZ co and paid them, perhaps if they're getting your cash directly there might be a more consistant service and any possible extra charges would be included or at least highlighted in the contract.
John.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to all
Default Re: Using a NZ based removals co instead of UK?

I am shipping things back to NZ in June using the same company based in Auckland I used 2 years ago to ship them to Europe. They gave excellent service & the quote to go back to NZ is cheaper than any of the local shippers.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using a NZ based removals co instead of UK?

my employer did just that and it worked fine!