Reload this Page >

useful tip - Cheap phone calls to UK from a NZ Mobile

useful tip - Cheap phone calls to UK from a NZ Mobile

Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

AberJazz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default useful tip - Cheap phone calls to UK from a NZ Mobile

Hello

I'm over here on a reccie before heading back to work in Sydney and have found a great deal to call the UK from a NZ vodafone mobile.

I bought a NZ pay as you go sim for my UK phone and they have a special offer which only costs $2 Kiwi dollars to call any landline in the UK and you can talk for an hour for $2!

I thought I would post this tip, as its a lot less hassle that using calling cards, especially when you are on the move and have to use public phones and access codes, etc.

AberJazz
Old Oct 24th 2008, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

wannabekiwi will become famous soon enoughwannabekiwi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: useful tip - Cheap phone calls to UK from a NZ Mobile

thank you for sharing this one with us. Great advice.
I used Skype to call a NZ mobile phone from the UK but it cost me EUR 0.26 per minute so your deal sounds much better.
Many thanks
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AberJazz
Hello

I'm over here on a reccie before heading back to work in Sydney and have found a great deal to call the UK from a NZ vodafone mobile.

I bought a NZ pay as you go sim for my UK phone and they have a special offer which only costs $2 Kiwi dollars to call any landline in the UK and you can talk for an hour for $2!

I thought I would post this tip, as its a lot less hassle that using calling cards, especially when you are on the move and have to use public phones and access codes, etc.

AberJazz
Hi AberJazz,
Was your UK phone fully unlocked?
what's the special offer called?
Regards
Julian
Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light

It isn't just the UK it's Australia, USA, Canada, Ireland, China, South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, India, Malaysia and the Philippines.

It's an old favorite for vodafone that they've re-introduced recently and lasts until April - just be aware that it's only on certain payplans (prepay) and ONLY to LANDLINES;

Things to know
Prepay, You Choose, Motormouth, or Get customers are eligible

Calls to international mobiles, special or premium numbers (like 0900, 018, data calls, voicemail calls, national or international video calling or TXTs,

PXTs and data usage are not included

$2 for 60 does not apply when youre roaming overseas

Normal charging will start again at your standard rate after 60 minutes. When you begin your $2 for 60 calls, you will be charged your normal rate until the cost of the call reaches $2 (then you're sweet for the rest of the hour!)

Offer expires 31 March 2009. Vodafone may withdraw, extend or amend this offer at any time

So what are you waiting for? There's nothing you have to do to activate it, $2 for 60 is ready to go. All you have to do is pick up your mobile and call.

Here are the details http://www.vodafone.co.nz/specials-p...60-minutes.jsp
Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

cheers Rustie