Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Urgent Visa Help Please!

Urgent Visa Help Please!

Old Sep 5th 2010, 10:20 am
Just Joined

tandn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent Visa Help Please!

Hi guys. Anyone have experience of completing a Visitors Visa with their child as the principal applicant? I have been told by INZ that this is what I need to do but can't find any specific guidance and really don't have time to wait 5 days for an e-mail response from them! In particular, Section I, financial support - not sure how to complete this for my 15 month old daughter.

Also (I don't ask for much do I?!) anyone have experience of providing evidence of partnership - do we need to provide evidence that we meet the minimum requirements for the recognition of a partnership (i.e send birth certificates to show we're not related to one another)? We're sending joint bank account statements, tenancy agreement etc.

Any help/advice gratefully received! Cheers
Old Sep 5th 2010, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Urgent Visa Help Please!

Hi Tandn,

I had to fill in a visitors visa for my daughter who was born here and we was going to the UK.

You dont have to prove financial support as you are assumed ti support her, I was told to leave that bit blank but I was in the office here in Auckland and they helped me a lot.

Hope that helps.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

tandn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help, banshigirl. Think I need to ring NZ immigration in London tomorrow - I'm reluctant as I have had really poor (i.e. completely incorrect!) info from them and they charge £1 a minute! but I do need to make sure I get the application right as we want to get over there for me to start my new job as soon as possible. Take care
Old Sep 5th 2010, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Have sent you a PM.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

Hi tandn

Use the website below to find geographical phone numbers. You do not pay premium rates just normal rates. Me and my OH always use this. You can use this to find geographical numbers for all the premium numbers. It saves alot of money

http://www.saynoto0870.com/