Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Update (and some photos)

Update (and some photos)

Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:53 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update (and some photos)

Well, what a difference a couple of weeks make I made the decision to look for the good things instead of the bad things and guess what? Yep, I found them. We've got a lovely house to move into in 4 weeks time, I've made two friends at work. I'm much more relaxed and oh yeah, we're not going to starve I'm starting to really feel happy and at home here, which will only increase as soon as we're in our own house. The Kiwis would be more reserved than the people at home but I'm not so they're comin' round! I'm very glad I'm here.

Karanghake Gorge

Mike, very happy to be home.

Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:54 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update (and some photos)

Mike doing the Haka at a Maori Experience concert

I wouldn't want to pee this guy off. He WAS kind of cute tho'

I was walking down Remeur Road towards Newmarket - along a built up road and then I had to stop at a traffic lights - I looked right and this is what I saw

Old Aug 13th 2005, 10:18 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Batty]Well, what a difference a couple of weeks make I made the decision to look for the good things instead of the bad things and guess what? Yep, I found them. We've got a lovely house to move into in 4 weeks time, I've made two friends at work. I'm much more relaxed and oh yeah, we're not going to starve I'm starting to really feel happy and at home here, which will only increase as soon as we're in our own house. The Kiwis would be more reserved than the people at home but I'm not so they're comin' round! I'm very glad I'm here.

QUOTE]

Great pics Batty. Keep 'em coming,a long with any stories/observations. Are you buying or renting? And where was the piccie - looks like Browns Bay but could be one of the others? How long have you been there now? I'll stop with all the questions now!!!
Old Aug 13th 2005, 11:19 am
By name and by nature

[QUOTE=uk+kiwi]
Originally Posted by Batty
Well, what a difference a couple of weeks make I made the decision to look for the good things instead of the bad things and guess what? Yep, I found them. We've got a lovely house to move into in 4 weeks time, I've made two friends at work. I'm much more relaxed and oh yeah, we're not going to starve I'm starting to really feel happy and at home here, which will only increase as soon as we're in our own house. The Kiwis would be more reserved than the people at home but I'm not so they're comin' round! I'm very glad I'm here.

QUOTE]

Great pics Batty. Keep 'em coming,a long with any stories/observations. Are you buying or renting? And where was the piccie - looks like Browns Bay but could be one of the others? How long have you been there now? I'll stop with all the questions now!!!
It IS Browns Bay. We're buying. A house we saw 5 days after we got here

Here's some pics
Old Aug 13th 2005, 11:21 am
By name and by nature

The House

Dining area/family room

Kitchen
Old Aug 13th 2005, 11:22 am
By name and by nature

The Deck

Two minutes away and a view from upstairs lounge

We have more of a mortgage than we wanted to have but we fell in love with it as soon as we saw it. It's got 814sq section that's mostly bush so no chance of any subdivision
Old Aug 13th 2005, 11:30 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

The House

Dining area/family room

Kitchen
Looks really nice! Where is it? Hubbie was asking actually - he is from the North Shore, lived in Brown's Bay for a while.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 11:35 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely pics!
you're going to be so happy!!!
Old Aug 13th 2005, 11:35 am
By name and by nature

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Looks really nice! Where is it? Hubbie was asking actually - he is from the North Shore, lived in Brown's Bay for a while.
It's in Glenfield. We couldn't afford Brown's Bay even if we wanted to live there, which we wouldn't. We don't have children to worry about schools for so are easier as regards location. There's some really nice houses in Glenfield and at a fraction of what you'd pay in Browns Bay.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 11:45 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics Batty...you sound like you're settling in really well...love that house...
Old Aug 13th 2005, 2:36 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Karanghake Gorge

Mike, very happy to be home.

Great Photos Batty.

Glad to hear your settling in well. Love the look of your house which Im sure you will be very happy living in. Mike sure looks happy to be home again
Isnt it awesome driving through the Karangahake Gorge, one of my favourite bits of road in the North Island. Had the experience of driving through it a few years ago after a bad summer storm & saw lots of it washed away. A little scary but fascinating all the same.

Keep on enjoying things & keep the updates coming

Have a great day

Cindy
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:55 pm
By name and by nature

Cindy, driving through there was my favourite bit of the whole weekend. Trees and rivers do it for me evertime.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:17 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Cindy, driving through there was my favourite bit of the whole weekend. Trees and rivers do it for me evertime.
Know what you mean it has a real serene calming effect on me & I can never get enough of that myself