British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Update with our house selling/buying (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/update-our-house-selling-buying-374255/)

SarahB May 18th 2006 10:32 am

Update with our house selling/buying

Hellooo..

As some of you know we've been here almost a year now and have decided we want to sell my little house in UK and buy one here before we get priced out of Beachlands.

I had my house in UK valued yesterday .... today apparently the tenant there has offered me a good price for the house.... I was prepared to take less but hey nots let tell her that... ok?! Shes seeing a mortgage advisor this week so fingers crossed XX If she doesnt go ahead and buy it then hopefully it wont take too long to sell... its a one bedroom semi-detached starter home in a nice area so I'm hopeful.

News here is that we put in an offer on a 1960's house in Beachlands that we've viewed a couple of times now. The estate agent came round tuesday evening and he rang us up at 10.30 that evening to let us know that our offer had been accepted. Its very conditional at the moment but if things go OK in the UK hopefully it will go unconditional when UK house is sold and we can transfer a deposit amount. The vendor is relaxed about the whole thing and isnt in a hurry to move out. I'm a bit of a believer in that if its meant to be it will happen..... it seems to be happening at the moment! :D

sky May 18th 2006 10:37 am

Re: Update with our house selling/buying

Good luck, it all sounds like it's coming together for you Sarah :)

SarahB May 18th 2006 10:39 am

Originally Posted by sky
Good luck, it all sounds like it's coming together for you Sarah :)

Thanks.... I'm trying not to get too hopeful over the house sale in UK. I hope she gets her mortgage OK!

sky May 18th 2006 10:47 am

Originally Posted by SarahB
Thanks.... I'm trying not to get too hopeful over the house sale in UK. I hope she gets her mortgage OK!

I hope she does too and then you can move forward in your lives here :)

SarahB May 18th 2006 10:57 am

Originally Posted by sky
I hope she does too and then you can move forward in your lives here :)

Yes.. we like the house we rent but it just isnt the same when its not your own. I was talking to friends today explaining that I just dont have the motivation to do anything to this one.... like do the weeding etc.... I keep it clean and tidy but thats all.

We have been totally spoilt in this lovely house we are in, but it will be great to have our own place here. :)

planty May 18th 2006 12:19 pm

Thats fingers crossed for you as well then. :D

Sounds positive at least.

annaerb May 18th 2006 8:07 pm

Good luck Sarah,

Hope everything goes well for you on both houses. Is the one in Beachlands the one you mentioned before or another one?
I was looking at the new property press last night and there is quite a few around for sale.
My neighbour is having an auction on his house on the 16th June, open home this weekend, I might go for a nosey as he has just finished renovating and it looks great but of course starting bid has a high price tag.

SarahB May 19th 2006 2:30 am

Originally Posted by annaerb
Good luck Sarah,

Hope everything goes well for you on both houses. Is the one in Beachlands the one you mentioned before or another one?
I was looking at the new property press last night and there is quite a few around for sale.
My neighbour is having an auction on his house on the 16th June, open home this weekend, I might go for a nosey as he has just finished renovating and it looks great but of course starting bid has a high price tag.

Thanks.... yes its the one on Beachlands Road, on the left just past the Fire Station. The open homes there are still going ahead.

No news from UK today but hoping it all goes through OK.

Paladin May 19th 2006 7:56 am

Originally Posted by SarahB
Thanks.... yes its the one on Beachlands Road, on the left just past the Fire Station. The open homes there are still going ahead.

No news from UK today but hoping it all goes through OK.

Got everything crossed for you Sarah!! :D

Dave