Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Update to not going to NZ after getting PR a while ago.

Update to not going to NZ after getting PR a while ago.

Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:44 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update to not going to NZ after getting PR a while ago.

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Thanks again every one. Going to tell the lads on Friday night. Won't go down well i think. But they are a great bunch of lads really. That was the only thing i missed about the UK was the Friday nights drink in the Toon (Newcastle) with the lads. Still feel it's a shame about NZ but i can't sit and wait untill the visa runs out and my options. I will keep you all up to date on how it goes etc.
say hi to the Quayside and the Big Market for me..................haway the lads!!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:49 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lardyl
say hi to the Quayside and the Big Market for me..................haway the lads!!
Wey aye bonnie lad. Mind you the Toon is being torn apart by the developers at the moment. Opposite the Co-op is pulled down The Bigg market is quiet now even at the weekend. Every one goes to the posh pubs at the Quayside. I was shocked when i fisrt came back and seen this. How fast people move away.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Many congratulations Lenmil. It's great that it's all come good in the end for you & your family . Good luck as you begin your new adventure in Tas .
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:16 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Blimey. Sent off our passports Tuesday and got them back this morning. I have red stickers in them with PR. I also have blue ones too that are NZ PR (unactivated). Blimey.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:27 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey. Sent off our passports Tuesday and got them back this morning. I have red stickers in them with PR. I also have blue ones too that are NZ PR (unactivated). Blimey.
Good for you - those Oz stamps are gonna be a better way into a new life down under than our blue ones - btw handed over our passports for final section18A approval today at NZIS, Akl - so we'll soon be real permanent residents (not sure how many more blue stamps we can get but we all have three already!)
Is the Tuxedo Royale still down on the river? Great place with a fun revolving dancefloor.......MrsL was at college in the toon and we did much courting there......happy days!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:42 am

We too have 2 blue stickers in our passports. One is an out of date work visa the other an unactivated PR with 3 months restictions and actually says may be granted residency on application. And that was the problem, been over 6 months now, ah well. The Aussie one is better. It say's holder is permitted to stay in Australia. My visa is a class 119 by the way. If it helps any one.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 4:21 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

We too have 2 blue stickers in our passports. One is an out of date work visa the other an unactivated PR with 3 months restictions and actually says may be granted residency on application. And that was the problem, been over 6 months now, ah well. The Aussie one is better. It say's holder is permitted to stay in Australia. My visa is a class 119 by the way. If it helps any one.
Australian citizens can freely live in New Zealand. You'll be eligible for Australian citizenship after 4 years residence, so the option of going to NZ afterwards would still be there if you really wanted to.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 9:20 am

Good for you - those Oz stamps are gonna be a better way into a new life down under than our blue ones - btw handed over our passports for final section18A approval today at NZIS, Akl - so we'll soon be real permanent residents (not sure how many more blue stamps we can get but we all have three already!)
Is the Tuxedo Royale still down on the river? Great place with a fun revolving dancefloor.......MrsL was at college in the toon and we did much courting there......happy days!

This one say's it all. Traffic every where.

Last edited by Lenmil; Sep 1st 2007 at 9:23 am. Reason: Added picture.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 11:43 am
you dewty owld maan!

thanks for the photos, some memories and some newer stuff to see....
Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

dupe is an unknown quantity at this point

OH read in the Chronicle last night that the Tuxedo Princess is to be no more.
a restaurant is being built and there is no room for both! End of an era.

I thought Jesmond was the place to be these days?

Aye lad, yil miss ya stottie! How far would you go for a canny bag o tudor?
Old Sep 1st 2007, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by dupe
OH read in the Chronicle last night that the Tuxedo Princess is to be no more.
a restaurant is being built and there is no room for both! End of an era.

I thought Jesmond was the place to be these days?

Aye lad, yil miss ya stottie! How far would you go for a canny bag o tudor?

Ney more Tudor these days now man. Walkers crisps dominate. Was not really mad about stottie, but i did like me mushy peas n saveloy. Jesmond is the "Now" place as well as the Queyside. Was out Friday night in the Old George and it was very quiet, not many people out at all. No wonder pubs are closing. Emerates has just started a route to Oz from Newcastle just today. Packed out staright away and on the news they were talking to a couple. first thing they said, "were off to Oz", the next migration figures will be bigger i reccon. I will miss the lads though, bunch of crackin blokes.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:51 am
you dewty owld maan!

Ney more Tudor these days now man. Walkers crisps dominate. Was not really mad about stottie, but i did like me mushy peas n saveloy. Jesmond is the "Now" place as well as the Queyside. Was out Friday night in the Old George and it was very quiet, not many people out at all. No wonder pubs are closing. Emerates has just started a route to Oz from Newcastle just today. Packed out staright away and on the news they were talking to a couple. first thing they said, "were off to Oz", the next migration figures will be bigger i reccon. I will miss the lads though, bunch of crackin blokes.
yeah, we moved away from the NE in 96 and watched the house prices rise and rise since so there'll be planty of cashed up pomms getting on the flights to Oz from places like Jesmond. MrsL lived over that way when she was up there and I used to enjoy eating in the railway carriage restaurant - fun. I liked the stottie and kinda miss the mucky beer, and gravy on me chips. Maybe the life out in WA will suit a lot of folks from that part of the world. I love the people from the north east - really remind me of the Black Country lads I grew up with - coal mining and metal bashing are great industries for community spirit.
Walkers are just part of Fritto Lay and Pepsico now, ruddy multi-nationals, were all owned by 'em!! :curse:
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:59 am

The house prices are just astounding now. Really silly prices. People who bought years ago will have a lot of equity, but new starters are going to have a bad time and are. Wages have not risen much either. But you would not think it. The amount of 4x4 type cars driving about is amazing but i do wonder how many of them actually own them. But when i talk to people who have businesses in Newcastle they all say how people do not seem to have any money. But you see many walking about who look like they got nothing but they have the latest mobile/cell phone and look like extras to a star trek episode with their blue tooth ear piece on.