Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UPDATE - A fool or just a bloody idiot

UPDATE - A fool or just a bloody idiot

Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:14 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default UPDATE - A fool or just a bloody idiot

Well I took the plunge and am now the proud owner of a Pub.

Opened on 10th November and It has gone so much better than expected.

Hired a young Chef as he talked about food as though he was describing a passionate lover and what that lad does with a bread roll, slice of corned beef and lettuce is absolutely amazing - literally makes a silk purse out of a pigs ear. His presentation is met with a 'WOW' every time we take a meal out.

The truly great thing is we have the 'regulars' and a completely different clientele.

I am so glad I took the plunge.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: UPDATE - A fool or just a bloody idiot

Originally Posted by howden40

Hired a young Chef as he talked about food as though he was describing a passionate lover and what that lad does with a bread roll, slice of corned beef and lettuce is absolutely amazing - literally makes a silk purse out of a pigs ear. His presentation is met with a 'WOW' every time we take a meal out.

The truly great thing is we have the 'regulars' and a completely different clientele.

No doubt we shall pay you a visit when we get there. I love corned beef.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: UPDATE - A fool or just a bloody idiot

Fantastic! Wishing you all the best for the future....
Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Good Luck with the pub, if we are ever up that way will be sure to drop in
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Are your doing a BritishExpats discount?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:21 am
Banned

Scouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Are your doing a BritishExpats discount?
Typical Merseysider!

Ooh...'ang on a sec....
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

So glad it's all working out. Well done you
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Shame we finished our recce before it opened, are you allowed to name it here? In your sig perhaps? Best of luck with it all
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

benandlea is a jewel in the roughbenandlea is a jewel in the roughbenandlea is a jewel in the roughbenandlea is a jewel in the roughbenandlea is a jewel in the rough

Best of luck with the new venture,
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

Well done you!

What's the name of your pub? Is it in Papamoa? We'll def pay you a visit when we arrive (hopefully) in January for 1 or 2 pints

June...you've not mentioned taking some of Doug's sausages round to do a deal with the new chef!!!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
Well done you!

What's the name of your pub? Is it in Papamoa? We'll def pay you a visit when we arrive (hopefully) in January for 1 or 2 pints

June...you've not mentioned taking some of Doug's sausages round to do a deal with the new chef!!!
Sorry I do not know the name of the pub but it is in Papamoa. If you look under "A bloody fool or just an idiot" you will find he already supplies them but forgot the black puddings. We will be there in Jan so we could perhaps arrange to meet up in the pub.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

GOOD LUCK Pauline in your new adventure,all the best

Phyl x
Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Sorry I do not know the name of the pub but it is in Papamoa. If you look under "A bloody fool or just an idiot" you will find he already supplies them but forgot the black puddings. We will be there in Jan so we could perhaps arrange to meet up in the pub.
Yes, we could definately meet up in 'the pub'.....can't wait....don't forget the black pudding this time!!

Cheryl x
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: UPDATE - A fool or just a bloody idiot

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
Yes, we could definately meet up in 'the pub'.....can't wait....don't forget the black pudding this time!!

Cheryl x
Hy Cheryl

I will ask Gail if its OK for me to send her telephone number by PM so that you can give us a ring when you get there.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a great enterprise, wishing you heaps of good luck with it .
We're coming from Rotorua to Bayfair one evening this week ...Christmas & birthday shopping....dreaded but got to be done . Are we likely to be passing near you, I might feel the need of some liquid refreshment after the event

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.