Reload this Page >

Unsure Of Move Now

Unsure Of Move Now

Old Mar 30th 2005, 9:44 am
Banned

baileyalison is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Unsure Of Move Now

Originally Posted by garrisondamn
A great reply, couldn't have put it better myself. I love NZ, the pro's out-weigh the cons by a long chalk! but i do miss Donington Park, Brands Hatch, Silverstone etc!!
(Come on NZ'ers, support the national Motorcycle sport, you are very talented) sorry about that, ....motorcycle obsession!

NZ is a bit isolated, but it is (so far) far more pleasant to live in than UK and i came from a rural area. There is no contest!
hello glad to here you like it our nelson about 3 miles from me is a total out and out s***hole there isnt any decent areas at all its well deprived cant wait to get out of the uk i used to race enduro whats it like there for trail riding etc price of bikes we have a z3M bmw are car prices dear thought about sending it there
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:20 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by baileyalison
whats it like there for trail riding etc price of bikes we have a z3M bmw are car prices dear thought about sending it there
See for yourself

www.trademe.co.nz Cars are very cheap here, wouldn't advise bringing beemer great place for hood down.

If your a BM fan look @ BMW NZ & check their used prices which come with 2 year service plan, maybe that will give you a guide on the Z3.

Cheers & good luck.

Campbell.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:23 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

Well for me it was track days at Knockhill, but I did enjoy Cadwell and Crofts (supermoto), and Donington is great fun.

Back in the good old days, we had street racing at Gracefield in Seaview (Wellington), and hillclimbs at Palmer Head, also in Wellington. Both long gone now, but if you get the chance, get along to Wanganui for the annual street circuit races (Cemetery Circuit), one of the best bike racing venues in the country.

These days I am mainly into dirt bikes, it is still a great country for dirt bike riding. We don't have all the UK Green Lane nonsense, we do have lots of open riding areas still. I ride in the Akatarawa Forest Block (16,000 hectares of riding). You need a permit, which is free. Your bike doesn't have to be road legal, it just has to be "well maintained with an effective muffler". You can also ride on some beaches, although the NIMBY brigade are onto this.

For bike prices, check out http://www.motorcyclemarketplace.co.nz/

For NZ off-road riding, check out http://www.motorcyclingnz.co.nz/disciplines.aspx , http://www.silverbullet.co.nz/ , http://www.teamwickedracing.co.nz/Enduro.htm , http://www.motorcyclesport.co.nz/, well that should be enough to get you going!
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:25 am
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by baileyalison
hello glad to here you like it our nelson about 3 miles from me is a total out and out s***hole there isnt any decent areas at all its well deprived cant wait to get out of the uk i used to race enduro whats it like there for trail riding etc price of bikes we have a z3M bmw are car prices dear thought about sending it there
I don't go trail riding, yet i do intend to in the future as there is hundreds of K's of good trail riding country around here and would be a shame to miss out. lots of trail bike for sale, but not really sure about prices as i'm a road rider/racer. Good bike shops here (i work at one of them www.thunderbike.co.nz)

Did you guys say you were a mechanic and teacher? Skilled labour is much in demand here (Nelson) there is a garage by our shop that has been advertising for a mechanic for months! Plenty of schools too!

I brought my bike here from UK, not because of cost here, just because it was mine and had it since new. Cars are probably about same price here, maybe cheaper ( dont convert currencies, it doesn't work like that, believe me!) Z3M eh, very nice, there's a BM dealer down the road from us.

Good luck guys
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:30 am
Banned

baileyalison is an unknown quantity at this point

hello thanks for the swift replies yes im a mechanic and alisons a teacher i also work on bikes ive always had them since i was about 8 nearly thirty years so ive a fair bit of experience with them as well we used to service for a bike shop here in the uk i will check out all the sites everyone suggests thanks steve
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:34 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

Alan, you should check out the fire roads behind Kaiteriteri, great views to be had from up there!