Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Unsettled. What's Nelson like ?

Unsettled. What's Nelson like ?

Old Sep 16th 2014, 4:49 am
Pilottinker

pilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to behold
Smile Unsettled. What's Nelson like ?

Had a great time in Nelson on a school Basketball trip, recently. Sun was shining, the town centre was vibrant and I've got itchy feet. My life, job, schooling for kids and house in Dunedin are all fantastic, and we do get sunshine but being ex military I kind of have that desire to keep moving. Go on tell me what Nelson is like........... I might want to retire there one day
Old Sep 19th 2014, 2:23 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unsettled. What's Nelson like ?

Move down the Coast a bit , Brighton or go the other way , kAritane , change of job ? Ex military we take easily in the prison service .
Old Sep 19th 2014, 3:56 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

Had a holiday one Christmas in nelson , beautiful area , especially kaiteriteri , the town seemed larger than dunedin , the wharf area for fish nd chips was awesome, does help with sunshine, but they did get hit with major floods, the place we rented was nearly washed down the bank , rest of houses on the slope were condemned.

Now I know who you are , how about Central otago ? Stunning area , beautiful summers.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 4:53 am
Pilottinker

pilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to behold

No we started in Cromwell, but no job opportunities for me. Drove me mad. Dunedin much more fun and who could live away from the sea ?
Old Sep 19th 2014, 5:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

What would you like from an area?
What's lacking with the city of Dunedin for you that you have itchy feet?
What is your line of work.

I have lived in the Nelson , Tasman and Bays area for over ten years.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 7:33 am
Pilottinker

Dunedin has everything The people are nice. Everything is good but I need a little more sunshine and more phoenix canariensis palm trees everywhere . Perhaps I'll buy one and plant it in my garden
Old Sep 19th 2014, 7:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You don't get sunshine? I thought everywhere here got wall to wall sun.

If you want those types of palm trees then go to my home town of Bournemouth. We have them there.

There are here too though but cabbage trees are more prevalent & smell rather lovely at times.

You can PM me about the line of work if you wish. It will remain private.

What do you want to know about here or is this a fanciful thought
Old Sep 19th 2014, 7:50 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pilottinker
Had a great time in Nelson on a school Basketball trip, recently. Sun was shining, the town centre was vibrant and I've got itchy feet. My life, job, schooling for kids and house in Dunedin are all fantastic, and we do get sunshine but being ex military I kind of have that desire to keep moving. Go on tell me what Nelson is like........... I might want to retire there one day
He's dead, had only one arm and one eye.. ..
Maybe not the one you were thinking of though..
Old Sep 24th 2014, 2:23 am
Account Closed

kshurey is a glorious beacon of lightkshurey is a glorious beacon of lightkshurey is a glorious beacon of lightkshurey is a glorious beacon of lightkshurey is a glorious beacon of lightkshurey is a glorious beacon of lightkshurey is a glorious beacon of lightkshurey is a glorious beacon of lightkshurey is a glorious beacon of lightkshurey is a glorious beacon of lightkshurey is a glorious beacon of light

Lived there for 20+ months, work options limited, pay poor, people cliquey, remote.

Forgot to mention expensive.

Sunny though!
Old Sep 24th 2014, 12:01 pm
Pilottinker

Thanks Kshurey. I'll bare that in mind. Lived in isolated Cromwell ( well it seemed isolated ) and that drove me nuts