Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Universities in New Zealand

Universities in New Zealand

Old Feb 12th 2005, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Billie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant future
Cool Universities in New Zealand

We are hoping to move to New Zealand (Christchurch) area in January 2006 and my daughter is interested in starting University out there (University of Canterbury). Any comments on costs/ standard/ quality of education etc?

Also are there any good estate agents that I can contact before my three week visit to Christchurch area in July 05?? to get an idea of house types/ prices etc.
Any advice gratefully received.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Universities in New Zealand

Originally Posted by Billie
We are hoping to move to New Zealand (Christchurch) area in January 2006 and my daughter is interested in starting University out there (University of Canterbury). Any comments on costs/ standard/ quality of education etc?

Also are there any good estate agents that I can contact before my three week visit to Christchurch area in July 05?? to get an idea of house types/ prices etc.
Check out www.ljhooker.co.nz
www.barfoot.co.nz
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Billie

Canterbury is generally regarded as having a high standard. There has been a bit of an uproar over the new university entrance requirements for kiwi school leavers, not sure how this applies if at all to uk school leavers

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?ObjectID=10111581
not sure if the link will work.................

realenz.co.nz is pretty good for real estate, the agents with listings will all have their contact details on the site under the relevant listings
Old Feb 18th 2005, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Billie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant futureBillie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by newkiwi
Canterbury is generally regarded as having a high standard. There has been a bit of an uproar over the new university entrance requirements for kiwi school leavers, not sure how this applies if at all to uk school leavers

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?ObjectID=10111581
not sure if the link will work.................

realenz.co.nz is pretty good for real estate, the agents with listings will all have their contact details on the site under the relevant listings
Some really useful links. Many thanks.
Have checked the UK qualifications and it seems that the NZ new requirements haven't as yet been applied to international qualifications- thank goodness!! At present someone from England needs three A levels for Canterbury Univ (at least one above a grade C and no particular subjects specified) and a good standard of English. Hopefully it will stay that way or my daughter might not be to apply!!
Useful to know about though as my son would be going to NZ to start NCEA level 2 and it will pay to make sure he does have the necessary lit/numeracy standards.
Your link to the newspaper also gave valuable info re housing. I see house prices hit a record high in January 2005!! (bad news for us folks in the process of trying to start up out there.