Unions

Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Unions

Hi
Could anyone tell me about unions in the workplace in NZ , is it normal to be a union member or do you have to fight your own fights. Are they well represented or a minority, any info would be useful. Cheers Martin
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Unions

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Hi
Could anyone tell me about unions in the workplace in NZ , is it normal to be a union member or do you have to fight your own fights. Are they well represented or a minority, any info would be useful. Cheers Martin
Depends on the industry and workplace. So yes and no.
What is your job/profession?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

nickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Apple12
I have been really surprised by the union activity in NZ. We arrived mid August, a couple of days after arriving a big supermarket distribution place went on strike. The supermarket shelves became very low.

The healthcare system has also had its share, back in June junior docs had a strike, when we arrived the radiographers were striking (ongoing) and we are currently in the middle of a labstaff/transfusion staff strike!

Nick
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Apple12
Hi Apple
I am a Telecommunications Engineer and have been a union member all my working life. Do the Employers look at them with a positive attitude or with suspicion?
Cheers
Martin
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:22 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Hi Apple
I am a Telecommunications Engineer and have been a union member all my working life. Do the Employers look at them with a positive attitude or with suspicion?
Cheers
Martin
Easier to deal with a professional / well organised Union rather than a mob.