UnHappy Feet...

Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:20 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face UnHappy Feet...

So there I am meandering along the beach with dog in tow (well I was in tow, the dog was dragging me along) when I spotted this little penguin washed up on the shore ... he/she was flapping it's little wings and in a bit of a mess. Didn't seem to be able to walk (which was most disappointing as they're bloody funny when they walk), no tap dancing routine seemed forthcoming and when there was no show tune I began to get a little concerned.

Now we didn't get (m)any penguins in London or Cornwall, so I did what all concerned passers by would - well I did anyway, I appeared to be the only one as others walked passed! I rang my Hubby from my mobile as I had it with me expecting a work call.

"Dial the Penguin Saver" I shouted into the mouthpiece ... Hmmmm ...

I then got a call back from Wellington Conservation people, "you're location is where Papamaroa?" "No, Papamoa", "What city is that in?" And so it went on. Well, I'd done my bit, just warn the lady approaching with her 2 dogs and I'd be on my way ...

Then the phone rang again and it was the local conservation office, as intefering woman scooped said penguin up in her jumper, handing me her 2 poodles to walk with my doberman - who likes poodles for a light snack. So I'm trying to keep the dogs apart, whilst walking up the dunes to this woman's house and talking on the phone, we also now have 2 more people "assisting" us?

The long and the short of it was, because of the strong Easterly swells (?) and the recent storms, the penguin has been fighting against the ocean but could fight no more (altogether now ... ahhh) and so had literally been washed up exhausted. The advice is, pick them up very gently and position them under a small bush in the sand dunes, away from the beach and dogs and then at night they should go back to the water recovered.

However, this slightly overbearing woman (stealing my thunder and all) didn't look like she wanted to heed this advice and I have visions of penguin wrapped up in a pink pashmina, being spoon fed Bolly and laid down in a Moses basket.!
Attached Thumbnails UnHappy Feet...-my-little-penguin.bmp  
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:33 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UnHappy Feet...

Damn her to Hell for stealing your scene!
Well done you for actually doing the legwork at finding the information needed.
If you could just patrol the beaches with a small cask of Teachers whisky tied round your neck a la St Bernard stylie, who knows what/who else you may save!!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by karonious
If you could just patrol the beaches with a small cask of Teachers whisky tied round your neck a la St Bernard stylie, who knows what/who else you may save!!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Dont care 'bout that other woman, your my hero, I love pengins. The penguin fairy godmother.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww poor pingu! Good on ya for doing ya bit! I hope the story has a happy ending!?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:02 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha!!
The Pingu Fairy - love it!!
You will of course have to change your wardrobe now - out with the pink and the big fairy wings and in with the black and white and wee stumpy wings
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Ha ha!!
The Pingu Fairy - love it!!
You will of course have to change your wardrobe now - out with the pink and the big fairy wings and in with the black and white and wee stumpy wings
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by spackster
If I wasn't spending the week drying out I'm sure I'd find your mocking most amusing ...!?

And I was most distressed that nosey, busy body what took over, lived in gawgus beachside house and couldn't get rid of the rest of us quick enough? I was all ready to settle down on her deck lounger and await my glass of Bolly as they smothered me in praise and adoration - not even a bloody glass of water?! How rude ...

Last edited by Am Loolah; Jul 31st 2007 at 9:13 am.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:15 am
conquering the world!

Drying out? Do tell!! Drunk Tauranga and the Mount dry have you??
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

That will be me then if she has a cask of whiskey..................come on, you both new I HAD to reply to that one.

Well done Am for doing your bit for conservation.............and thats not about you recycling all your bottles of bolly love.

LOL
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:09 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by kato33
That will be me then if she has a cask of whiskey..................come on, you both new I HAD to reply to that one.

Well done Am for doing your bit for conservation.............and thats not about you recycling all your bottles of bolly love.

LOL

I knew you would know it was just for you!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

I knew you would know it was just for you!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:24 am
conquering the world!

You could try dressing up as a nun and waiting on the sand for her to take her walk...after a bottle of Bolly she may well mistake you for a penguin!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

You could try dressing up as a nun and waiting on the sand for her to take her walk...after a bottle of Bolly she may well mistake you for a penguin!
I am off to buy the outfit right now.............actually thinking about it I must have one in the wardrobe..............I am rather a saint you know!!

Perhaps AmLoolah, you can tell others of this 5"6' penguin stalking the beach in need of a tipple or two to revive the poor thing. I am sure I can waddle to make it more realistic.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:32 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by kato33
I am off to buy the outfit right now.............actually thinking about it I must have one in the wardrobe..............I am rather a saint you know!!

Perhaps AmLoolah, you can tell others of this 5"6' penguin stalking the beach in need of a tipple or two to revive the poor thing. I am sure I can waddle to make it more realistic.
Excellent!!
Oh, God, if the bossy woman comes and takes over, you might be in trouble though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.