Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

underactive thyroid a problem?

underactive thyroid a problem?

Old Sep 15th 2006, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Not really expensive........

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
The rules have recently been changed.

I take several medications throughout the day and they used to cost me $15 for the script, and $15 per item for 6 months supply.

Now with the changes it is $15 per script and $3 per item for 6 months supply.

So the total for you should be $18 per 6 months plus any GP expenses, my GP charges me $17 per visit…………hardly a Kings ransom!

How come the GP only charges you $17 per visit?
Old Sep 15th 2006, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jueinnz
How come the GP only charges you $17 per visit?
Being part of a PHO or something.............not totally sure but my fees are lower and I'm happier......if that is ever possible.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Being part of a PHO or something.............not totally sure but my fees are lower and I'm happier......if that is ever possible.
Whats PHO?
Old Sep 15th 2006, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jueinnz
Whats PHO?
PHO = Primary Health Organisation...............or something like that.

I believe the way some GP's are funded now enables them to have more money given by the government for each patient visit, hence the lower fees........I think!
Old Sep 16th 2006, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

PHO = Primary Health Organisation...............or something like that.

I believe the way some GP's are funded now enables them to have more money given by the government for each patient visit, hence the lower fees........I think!
Purhaps I need to change my doctor!!! My rates have gone up!!! Or pretend I am over 65...or on Benifit...something!!!!!!
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Me too - my bill is $30 and my scripts are way dearer than your as well???
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
Me too - my bill is $30 and my scripts are way dearer than your as well???
Why am I paying $50??????????