Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Um ... Excuse Me??!

Um ... Excuse Me??!

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 4:40 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Um ... Excuse Me??!

Message on the answerphone at 10:15 this morning from our removal/shipping company asking us to phone them concerning an issue which he would also email me.

Checked email and received this...

"Received your details of your insurance cover.

However to proceed with your shipment we will need the following statement from your Insurers

' We ..................... in the event of any loss or damage will not subrogate the claim to Britannia Lanes of Cornwall.

I must stress that without it we will be unable to ship your goods."

This being the shipping that is due to commence with packing on Monday? Today being Friday?

So I rang the insurance broker (Letton Percival) and read it to him to which he responded with an adamant "Well they won't get it ..."

I agreed with him as to why on earth a company who are packing and loading all my stuff to go by sea to New Zealand think I'd renounce them of any liability? Most perplexed.

So I rang the removal company who were pretty rude and pretty adamant that that was what they wanted and without they weren't going to move us on Monday. So I put removal company on to insurance broker. 2 hours later and with Friday fast slipping away I rang the insurance broker back - he'd not heard from them. He was gutted as I think he was quite looking forward to a row!!

So Hubby stepped in as I was beginning to pull my hair out and he was sick of sweeping up the mess and he rang the British Association of Removers who got straight on to the removal company, rang us back and said that if we hadn't heard in an hour to call them back.

Outcome being - they are shipping us Monday. They haven't EVER had anyone use privately arranged insurance and didn't know how to deal with it and how to cover themselves?? Through their own insurance I would have assumed. I have never been this stressed during this process as I was today - always on a Friday too - have you noticed that?! So be warned if you do take the extremely cheaper option of NOT using their own insurance, they have no legal rights to see what insurance you have and they are liable!!

If it wasn't so late in the day I wouldn't use them now! But then I'm famous for my sulking!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 4:59 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Um ... Excuse Me??!

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Message on the answerphone at 10:15 this morning from our removal/shipping company asking us to phone them concerning an issue which he would also email me.

However to proceed with your shipment we will need the following statement from your Insurers

' We ..................... in the event of any loss or damage will not subrogate the claim to Britannia Lanes of Cornwall.

This being the shipping that is due to commence with packing on Monday? Today being Friday?

So I rang the insurance broker (Letton Percival) and read it to him to which he responded with an adamant "Well they won't get it ..."

I agreed with him as to why on earth a company who are packing and loading all my stuff to go by sea to New Zealand think I'd renounce them of any liability? Most perplexed.

So I rang the removal company who were pretty rude and pretty adamant that that was what they wanted and without they weren't going to move us on Monday. So I put removal company on to insurance broker. 2 hours later and with Friday fast slipping away I rang the insurance broker back - he'd not heard from them. He was gutted as I think he was quite looking forward to a row!!

So Hubby stepped in as I was beginning to pull my hair out and he was sick of sweeping up the mess and he rang the British Association of Removers who got straight on to the removal company, rang us back and said that if we hadn't heard in an hour to call them back.

Outcome being - they are shipping us Monday. They haven't EVER had anyone use privately arranged insurance and didn't know how to deal with it and how to cover themselves?? Through their own insurance I would have assumed. I have never been this stressed during this process as I was today - always on a Friday too - have you noticed that?! So be warned if you do take the extremely cheaper option of NOT using their own insurance, they have no legal rights to see what insurance you have and they are liable!!

If it wasn't so late in the day I wouldn't use them now! But then I'm famous for my sulking!

Caroline

Sent you some chill karma hun!!!!

Good luck for next week

When do you fly out??
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:33 pm
Dragging 4 kids with us..

Jules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud of

Well, after 4 days of packing Crown have finished the job. I have to say that it wasn't a particularly unpleasant experience and they went well beyond the call of duty.

So, we're sat in our empty house remembering what it felt like when we first moved in. Damn, yet another thing to feel sad about.

Well, we're hosting family and friends tomorrow. It's the "come to our empty house and drink all the booze that we're not taking with us and we'll order pizzas too" party. Not a particularly snappy title, but got the message across clearly I thought...

It's a nicer way to say goodbye I think.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Go kick arse Caroline!

Grrrrrrrrr - this must be the 'bad removals' week !!!!

Glad you got it sorted though, I'm now tempted to just leave EVERYTHING behind so that I have no problems

Michelle xx
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:07 am

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do these things always happen on a friday...good luck for monday!!!

Happy moving day Karma coming your way (Sorry they wouldn't let me leave you any more karma...apparently i've got to spread it around before i can give you it again!!!!)
take care

Last edited by Mandie; Mar 24th 2007 at 11:09 am. Reason: Not able to give karma
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Jumps in Jumps out

Ah ha poppets you will never catch me

sorry loolah...may answer logically in state of sobriety on mondya
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
Jumps in Jumps out

Ah ha poppets you will never catch me

sorry loolah...may answer logically in state of sobriety on mondya
sorry carloine , she ran off from bar again, keeps jumping on people ( her hubby in bed, & hse's in the bar with us beening smutty...............say no more!)
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by poppets
sorry carloine , she ran off from bar again, keeps jumping on people ( her hubby in bed, & hse's in the bar with us beening smutty...............say no more!)
am not the only one who cant spell tonight.....
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
am not the only one who cant spell tonight.....
ooopppps , going back to bar now in shame
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jules & Danny
Well, after 4 days of packing Crown have finished the job. I have to say that it wasn't a particularly unpleasant experience and they went well beyond the call of duty.

So, we're sat in our empty house remembering what it felt like when we first moved in. Damn, yet another thing to feel sad about.

Well, we're hosting family and friends tomorrow. It's the "come to our empty house and drink all the booze that we're not taking with us and we'll order pizzas too" party. Not a particularly snappy title, but got the message across clearly I thought...

It's a nicer way to say goodbye I think.
Ahhh, really hope your nite of poisoning family with 3 year old Christmas alcohol leftovers goes well!!!! Only joking! Hope it's been ok.

We have 3 more nites in our house before going into temporary holiday accommodation before WE LEAVE!!!!!! Where abouts are you heading? When do you fly?

GOOD LUCK with the 4 kids, we're the same, proper troopers keeping the population rate up not like these light weights who stop after 1, 2, 3!!

P.S: I liked the party title!

P.P.S: From Danny's post on another thread I'm off to supermarket tomorrow for doughnuts, bacon, tea, sugar, milk, beer, Nuts/Zoo magazine etc!!!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:07 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Hello My Fairy One

Glad you kicked removal arse my dear - how's it all going ?

I thought I better make an appearance as have been silent (ish) of late
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Hello My Fairy One

Glad you kicked removal arse my dear - how's it all going ?

I thought I better make an appearance as have been silent (ish) of late
I had noticed your absence, what have you been up to? Please God not making babies??!! Ho, Ho, Ho!!

I got in such a stress - do these people have no idea what it's like to have everything relying on them and then dick you about at the last minute? Just because they don't know their arse from their elbow?!

Now have kinda chilled with my friend the Bottle of Bollydom and am all set to get up in the morning and shout at the kids. "Anything that is not in your case you will not see for a minimum of 8 weeks!" Watch them move!!!!

Eldest daughter said bye to her pony today - not a bloody flicker of emotion, heartless beeeaaaatch - My I'm proud of how well I've trained her!!! (Myself on the other hand had to hide behind Paris Hiltonesque shades whilst holding back the tears and I HATE the bloody animals!!!)

So what have you been up to?
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:21 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

I had noticed your absence, what have you been up to? Please God not making babies??!! Ho, Ho, Ho!!

I got in such a stress - do these people have no idea what it's like to have everything relying on them and then dick you about at the last minute? Just because they don't know their arse from their elbow?!

Now have kinda chilled with my friend the Bottle of Bollydom and am all set to get up in the morning and shout at the kids. "Anything that is not in your case you will not see for a minimum of 8 weeks!" Watch them move!!!!

Eldest daughter said bye to her pony today - not a bloody flicker of emotion, heartless beeeaaaatch - My I'm proud of how well I've trained her!!! (Myself on the other hand had to hide behind Paris Hiltonesque shades whilst holding back the tears and I HATE the bloody animals!!!)

So what have you been up to?

Making babies - NO WAY

I cannot believe how time flies both you & Sarah are going to be on your way to NZ -

You not like the pony then ? Will daughter be having another one brought in NZ ?

I am fine thanks hun - got new job so been busy for a change
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Making babies - NO WAY

I cannot believe how time flies both you & Sarah are going to be on your way to NZ -

You not like the pony then ? Will daughter be having another one brought in NZ ?

I am fine thanks hun - got new job so been busy for a change
Work? Ewwww, nasty 4 letter word!! Is it ok, you enjoying it? Do they track your internet usage then?!

Yep, time flies when you've got loads to do!!!

Pony is ok really, bless, rather she loved him than a smelly boy!!

Yes, the money from selling him is hers for an all new, all dancing, all singing, go faster one in NZ. And daughter number 2 is on a promise. Oh and 4 year old reckons she is too .... when have won lottery!!! Check out todays pics ...
Attached Thumbnails Um ... Excuse Me??!-eden-saracen.jpg   Um ... Excuse Me??!-cydney-jumping-star.jpg  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:33 pm
Banned

Ahhh bless - is that daughter number 1 & 2 in pics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.