UK vs NZ

Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK vs NZ

Too many people leaving the UK seem all so keen to diss the place. Not for me.

Yes, there are places with plenty of litter, but NZ's no different, sadly there's people who'll throw their empty bottles, fast food wrappers out of the car where ever they are.

Related to income, property is no cheaper (relative to incomes) in the bigger NZ places, which is where the majority of the work is.

The claim that the UK outdoors can be only enjoyed a few days a year is nonsense, the reverse is true. Yep, plenty of opportunities for some great walking in NZ, but it's pretty much restricted to the main parks, there's little near urban centres. Mtn biking oppportunities in the UK, are generally much more varied then NZ, certainly the North Island.
Yes, fewer people in NZ, but I never found any problems avoiding the multitude on BH's, plenty of places to go other than the obvious honey pots.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:51 pm
Banned

dytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nicedytopia is just really nice

Originally Posted by chocolate cake

Yes, there are places with plenty of litter, but NZ's no different, sadly there's people who'll throw their empty bottles, fast food wrappers out of the car where ever they are.

Related to income, property is no cheaper (relative to incomes) in the bigger NZ places, which is where the majority of the work is.

The claim that the UK outdoors can be only enjoyed a few days a year is nonsense, the reverse is true. Yep, plenty of opportunities for some great walking in NZ, but it's pretty much restricted to the main parks, there's little near urban centres. Mtn biking oppportunities in the UK, are generally much more varied then NZ, certainly the North Island.
Yes, fewer people in NZ, but I never found any problems avoiding the multitude on BH's, plenty of places to go other than the obvious honey pots.
Actually, I disagree...Where I used to live, in Wellington, you could be in the Tararuas, in no time, the Wadestown hills, which were perfect for daily trail-running, were on my doorstep, and there were loads of other places to get off the beaten track, nearby. As for scuba-diving, you could dive all around Wellington. Surfing, you could do Lyall-bay, and castlepoint at weekends. Most cities in the UK are way more built-up - there is no comparison for outdoor activities... Take Blackpool () where I currently live...not too many mountains around here...my weekly runs are pounding the pavements ,dodging the dogshit, and swerving around the orange folk grappling with their vicious pitbulls.
Even when you get to an outdoor facility in the UK it's gonna have a squillion other folks fighting for some grass.

However, this doesn't make NZ better...just different i spose.

Last edited by dytopia; Apr 9th 2010 at 1:54 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:48 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Might be why the majority of popular mountain walks are now paved....including Kinder Scout and some paths up Snowdon. The Lakes in the summer months attract vast numbers of people trying to find space. The Gower peninsula in South Wales has to stop caravans trying to enter when the sites are over full. The Cotswold villages are just a nightmare to find any parking and the roads just gridlock.
Old May 6th 2010, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flower Pot
Interesting post, your coffee comments made me chuckle, it seems to REALLY bother you!
FP, actually, when I read _your_ coffee comments - made me chuckle....

a Coffee guy (?) in London..... that FREE starbucks coffee look yuck!! NOOOOOOOOOooooo thanks!!! All coffee I had in the UK was yuck!!! I swear I would not have another coffee in Britain. (I don't love tea! ) so living in the UK isn't fun to me!!!
Attached Thumbnails UK vs NZ-who_you_gonna_call_coffeebusters.jpg  

Last edited by crap coffee; May 6th 2010 at 6:57 am.
Old May 6th 2010, 7:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
Seems good to me.
Old May 6th 2010, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

kooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stormer999
All of the reasons we want out!....but for the Rugby....can't stand that soccer....not a mans game!
Mmmm....stick me and you on a footie field for 5 minutes and then tell me it's a girlies game!! And yes I played both, but I got worse injuries playing football than rugby.
Old May 6th 2010, 12:21 pm

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kooga61
Mmmm....stick me and you on a footie field for 5 minutes and then tell me it's a girlies game!! And yes I played both, but I got worse injuries playing football than rugby.
Should have stuck to the Rugby then....
Old May 7th 2010, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
All of the reasons we want out!....but for the Rugby....can't stand that soccer....not a mans game!
FOOTBALL!!!!

It's now the most popular participation sport in New Zealand for under 16's, so it's obviously rising in popularity here.
Always makes me smile with all the talk about rugby over here & it's popularity. Whenever you see games on the TV at weekends you can play spot the crowd. There are more people on the pitch!!!
Old May 7th 2010, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by mickey_d
FOOTBALL!!!!

It's now the most popular participation sport in New Zealand for under 16's, so it's obviously rising in popularity here.
Always makes me smile with all the talk about rugby over here & it's popularity. Whenever you see games on the TV at weekends you can play spot the crowd. There are more people on the pitch!!!
Exactly as it should be....Rugby is a players game and was never meant to be a watched game....the only people watching should be old past it players ...like me
Old May 7th 2010, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Brit tv is superb...I must be watching different TV!
Old May 8th 2010, 6:58 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
Brit tv is superb...I must be watching different TV!
UK TV is one of the many things I'm looking forward to .....been said before but I'll just repeat.... NZ TV is dire!!
Old May 8th 2010, 9:28 am

BBC is OK otherwise you have to watch on Catch UP tv the adverts are removed so you can watch a 1hr prog in 40mins....
Old May 8th 2010, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
UK TV is one of the many things I'm looking forward to .....been said before but I'll just repeat.... NZ TV is dire!!
Wow, I only hope "Eastenders" or some similiar is not there, or I might give up tv altoghether!
Old May 9th 2010, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thre...20100509011656

interesting.

again, made me chuckle.

"In all honesty i'd move to mars to escape the UK which is now almost a third world country & a most unpleasant place to live where you get taxed to death!"