UK sparks to NZ

Old Mar 20th 2016, 10:42 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 2
Tom_01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK sparks to NZ

Hello guys

Wanting to migrate and work in NZ as a sparks with my partner.

I have all the required C and G quals from an advanced apprenticeship. NVQ, AM2, 17th plus ECS gold carded. Did a part P domestic course but didn't register for part P as I work within my family run firm. I've got roughly 7 years experience as I went straight from school into work.
I've covered every aspect of electrical installation work. Plus commercial. Fabricating my own tray and basket etc. As were approved contractors.

Reasons are probably as most. UK sucks haha.

Just looking for a bit of advice with regards to what happens next.

I've been with my partner for 4 1/2 years although not married. She has her personal licence and was assistant manager of a pub. Left the pub trade as its slave labour when on salary.

I understand I need to re-qualify to NZ regs.

We're planning a few months travelling towards the end of year. Going to include NZ to see if we actually like the place first.

Also with regards to meeting people new friends etc. When we do move. Hoping it's not too difficult. I train in traditional martial arts. So will look to find a club. But a traditional art seems to attract the more sincere older student. So may have to train mma route to find younger people. And or both. And as we already live by the sea we love water sports. We jet ski and SUP. Guessing the water community is solid.

Cheers in advance
Tom_01 is offline  
Old Mar 21st 2016, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict
escapedtonz's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 1,445
escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK sparks to NZ

Quickest route will be via a written job offer. Assuming it met some criteria essential to Immigration you could secure a Temporary Work Visa like for example an Essential Skills Work Visa or a Work To Residence visa - you can read all about these on the Immigration website

It is possible (although difficult) to obtain a job offer without first going down the route of professional trade registration. In some areas of the country - maybe Christchurch and Auckland these trades are so busy they are desperate for staff so the registration is overlooked in the short term. Always better to start the process of registration though as it'll be mandatory later on. Only problem initially is you'll be classed as a newbie and a trainee no matter ho many years experience you have in the UK or anywhere else. NZ experience is key so you are likely to have to start at the bottom and on the bottom pay until you've got some experience and proved yourself. Without the registration you must be supervised at all times and until you can work on your own you won't be able to command more salary or work for yourself etc.

Maybe have a look at Canstaff who do find jobs for tradies. Not read any bad reports about them over the years.

Look at the EWRB for professional trade registration. You'll have to pay a fee and send in all your qualification details plus work experience for assessment, you'll have to have a current health & safety course/first aid etc and the EWRB will respond with what you have to do to become registered. You may have to do a bit of study and pass another exam etc ?

If you wish to apply via the skilled migrant route for a Resident Visa then you will need to be going down the route of registration as this will be mandatory for that application process.

You'll need to provide at least 12 months relationship evidence between you and partner no matter which visa route you take assuming she will apply via the family stream partnership route so keep everything that will suffice as relationship evidence. Get joint accounts, joint bills etc all to the same address. Keep tickets to shows, events, travel etc as proof. Holiday snaps....anything.

You'll be fine with martial arts clubs as there's plenty around the big centres.
escapedtonz is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.