Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Uk sparks-moving without apprenticeship

Uk sparks-moving without apprenticeship

Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

nuspark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk sparks-moving without apprenticeship

Hi there,can any one tell if it is possible to move to Nz as a sparks (having not served an apprenticeship).
I have the following;
c & g 2330 level 3
c & g 2360 part 2 (part completed)
c & g 2360 part 1
16th edition.
and 3 years experience as a spark.

any help or advice would be good Thanks
Old Jan 27th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk sparks-moving without apprenticeship

Originally Posted by nuspark
Hi there,can any one tell if it is possible to move to Nz as a sparks (having not served an apprenticeship).
I have the following;
c & g 2330 level 3
c & g 2360 part 1
16th edition.

well i would of said no , but a guy on my hubbys work place managed to get over and he isnt a fully qualified spark. dont ask me how he did it we are stunned by it
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

You can get your qualifications assessed by NZQA, that may help you whether you have a chance or not
Have you spoken with the or tried to apply for your provisional license with the EWRBA http://www.ewrb.govt.nz/content/overseas.html[/url]

Good luck!

Last edited by nick333; Jan 27th 2009 at 9:43 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:36 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the following;
c & g 2330 level 3
c & g 2360 part 1
16th edition.

Basically you have to get registered. That means normally you would have to sit a practical test, have referance letters from former employers and have an recognised quals to back it all up.

You can work without registration but someone else always has to sign your work off provide the certs. No many places will let you do that though
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

nuspark is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks guys for the information.
I have emailed the ewrb who have said that i need to fill in the form on there website ,send off copies of qualifications,references etc.
the good news is that its free
Once again thanks for your help

Dave
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Uk sparks-moving without apprenticeship

Hi,

Thanks guys for the information.
I have emailed the ewrb who have said that i need to fill in the form on there website ,send off copies of qualifications,references etc.
the good news is that its free
Once again thanks for your help

Dave
Hi where abouts in Northants you from???
My OH is a sparky and we moved out here at the end of Oct 08, he had to send all his Quals and Work Refs off to the EWRB and they sent a letter for us to send with the visa application, OH just had to sit through a Health and Safety seminar and do CRP which took 3 hours 1 morning and he's sitting Reg Exam in June.... hope this helps?????