UK Sate Pension

Old Feb 15th 2016, 8:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: UK Sate Pension

Originally Posted by Kotare
Given the tax holiday you probably want to stay with the uk pension for 4 years at which point you might want to swap to the NZ one which is (currently) higher and will be index linked.

Peter
You may remember my asking about a pals parents who are already in receipt of their UK state pensions.

The above is the advice they have received from several quarters both in the UK and here in NZ.

and how wonderful for me to know that the handsome Kotere and Stormer are both older than my fair self. :-p

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 15th 2016 at 8:30 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 8:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Davidje
WoW, well that clears that up! Thanks for all your replies.
I know . but has it helped at all please?

From what I read it seems to be

Get online in the UK now.
Inform Pension office immediately
Pick up UK pension here in NZ .
Do appropriate tax returns .
Taken advantage of 4 year tax break in NZ
Can exchange UK state pension for NZ super later on.

Does this seem right?
Old Feb 15th 2016, 8:45 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
You may remember my asking about a pals parents who are already in receipt of their UK state pensions.

The above is the advice they have received from several quarters both in the UK and here in NZ.

and how wonderful for me to know that the handsome Kotere and Stormer are both older than my fair self. :-p
And everyday I spend in Chch I get 1 day younger (take less pills !)
My UK state pension was topped up as I worked away (additional) and as such it will be many years before the NZ payout is worth as much, so advice can sometimes be misleading or misguided when all facts are not on the table.
(back to topping up the emergency EQ kit)
Old Feb 15th 2016, 8:48 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I know . but has it helped at all please?

From what I read it seems to be

Get online in the UK now.
Inform Pension office immediately
Pick up UK pension here in NZ .
Do appropriate tax returns .
Taken advantage of 4 year tax break in NZ
Can exchange UK state pension for NZ super later on.

Does this seem right?
Excellent and get the 2 off double taxation forms ready to go..
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...0/nz_indiv.pdf