Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UK Round Trip on Korean Air

UK Round Trip on Korean Air

Old Jan 15th 2013, 1:45 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Round Trip on Korean Air

Just wanted to comment that we found the round trip on Korean Air really good, it involves an overnight stop in Seoul on the UK-bound leg (included in the fare inc dinner and breakfast), elapsed time is longer than the ANZ flight as expected but we landed fresh in the UK with minimal jet-lag effects.

Overnight stay was in a Hyatt Regency approx 3mins dedicated shuttle-bus ride from the airport terminal. First class room and food at the hotel.

Return trip is a tighter connection in Seoul (1hr 15), but they are quite used to a slight delay on the AKL-leg as several flights have short connections in Seoul for it, we were on the ground approx 2:15 and were kept fully informed inc announcements of gate and any delay prior to landing in Seoul.

...and for us the flights back for Christmas (family of 5), were $4500 cheaper than ANZ.

Old Jan 15th 2013, 1:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Round Trip on Korean Air

Sounds great Simonsi. One to bear in mind next time we head back though no plans to go back any time soon. Hope you & the family had a great time.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 2:06 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Sounds great Simonsi. One to bear in mind next time we head back though no plans to go back any time soon. Hope you & the family had a great time.
Yep, good time and caught up with everyone as planned (and a few we hadn't).

UK did seem VERY damp and dark though, more so than I was expecting after 2.5yrs even allowing for the season.

Lots of economic stress evident though, seemed strange to see Clintons Cards shut even in the run up to Christmas and now Jessops has gone too.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 2:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
Yep, good time and caught up with everyone as planned (and a few we hadn't).

UK did seem VERY damp and dark though, more so than I was expecting after 2.5yrs even allowing for the season.

Lots of economic stress evident though, seemed strange to see Clintons Cards shut even in the run up to Christmas and now Jessops has gone too.
I saw Jessops had gone under but I didn't know about Clinton's cards. Wow! So glad I'm here, couldn't go back to the dark & damp of Blighty now.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 2:48 am
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I saw Jessops had gone under but I didn't know about Clinton's cards. Wow! So glad I'm here, couldn't go back to the dark & damp of Blighty now.
Yes, the receiver kept some Clintons stores open apparently (but none near us), but Jessops have all gone together. Comet too before Christmas.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 3:53 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

We did Korean Air and must say the stay over on Seoul once they organised the coach over from airport was really lovely. nice meal and all the food you could eat.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 6:22 am
NZ wannabe

Synky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to all

Hmv has gone down now....our high st will be unrecognisable
Old Jan 15th 2013, 8:18 am
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by Synky
Hmv has gone down now....our high st will be unrecognisable
Old Jan 15th 2013, 8:19 am
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
We did Korean Air and must say the stay over on Seoul once they organised the coach over from airport was really lovely. nice meal and all the food you could eat.
We were kind of hoping for a messed up connection on the return trip so they would have to put us up again :-)
Old Jan 15th 2013, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the receiver kept some Clintons stores open apparently (but none near us), but Jessops have all gone together. Comet too before Christmas.
we have a Clinton cards open but it's small. hmv closed this week.wonder who's next... knowing my luck it''ll be New look!
Old Jan 15th 2013, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to comment that we found the round trip on Korean Air really good, it involves an overnight stop in Seoul on the UK-bound leg (included in the fare inc dinner and breakfast), elapsed time is longer than the ANZ flight as expected but we landed fresh in the UK with minimal jet-lag effects.

Overnight stay was in a Hyatt Regency approx 3mins dedicated shuttle-bus ride from the airport terminal. First class room and food at the hotel.

Return trip is a tighter connection in Seoul (1hr 15), but they are quite used to a slight delay on the AKL-leg as several flights have short connections in Seoul for it, we were on the ground approx 2:15 and were kept fully informed inc announcements of gate and any delay prior to landing in Seoul.

...and for us the flights back for Christmas (family of 5), were $4500 cheaper than ANZ.

I loved staying at the Hyatt Regency too. Fantastic room (all for me!) breakfast was amazing and it was really good to meet some fellow travellers before the next flight. We wandered round the airport together and 'did' the cultural experience bit too. That's the third time I've used them.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scottishstacey
we have a Clinton cards open but it's small. hmv closed this week.wonder who's next... knowing my luck it''ll be New look!
Blockbusters
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cleverchap
Blockbusters
I'll have a 'P' please Bob ...
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cleverchap
Blockbusters
Its sad! I used to love going to there to hire a video every weekend when i was younger. The internet seems to be killing everything off lol
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

A chap I went to school with - a couple of year olders than me, so I wont profess to be a mate of his - invented Love Film with a pal of his and sold it for £4 million to Amazon a couple of years back.

This contributed to Blockbusters demise no doubt.

Amzaing to think how far the world has come in this area of entertainment, I'm old enough to remember even recording the soaps for my Mum on VHS while she was at work.

Anyone remember having to re-wind the tape?

My 2 year old is au fait with an iPad. Not that it's special, nor does it make her clever, if we'd been introduced to iPad's at 15 months we'd have all been the same. My train of thought is this;

I was playing with Fisher Price toys, Lego and Tonka trucks as a kid, there was not technology in sight - I learned my colour watch Snooker with my Dad!!

So, if 2 year old can actively use iPad/smart phone technology now, what will the possibilites be in 5, 10, 15, 20 years ... ?

Went a bit OT there, apologies, but it's a quite impressive and a bit scary how the world is changing in this area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.