British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   UK Phone & Internet Packages (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/uk-phone-internet-packages-504656/)

phil01 Jan 8th 2008 6:13 pm

UK Phone & Internet Packages

Hi,
I put this on the UK forum but got no response so thought I would try here as a lot of you are still in the UK!

Has anyone got Sky for their broadband and phone package...if so any problems with it. We are looking at signing up to Sky for their TV, Phone and Broadband but a friend said the broadband was crap...never seemed to be working...I don't know whether this is the case or it's just that it was his first time using the internet!

Thanks in advance for any info!

TeamEmbo Jan 8th 2008 6:39 pm

Re: UK Phone & Internet Packages

Nope sorry. We use Telstraclear for phone and broadband and have sep account with Sky for tv. Would be good to hear how you get on with it though and if it works ok and the cost, is it much cheaper?

reecefam Jan 8th 2008 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 5759201)
Hi,
I put this on the UK forum but got no response so thought I would try here as a lot of you are still in the UK!

Has anyone got Sky for their broadband and phone package...if so any problems with it. We are looking at signing up to Sky for their TV, Phone and Broadband but a friend said the broadband was crap...never seemed to be working...I don't know whether this is the case or it's just that it was his first time using the internet!

Not great...a lot better providers out there, though sky is quite cheap!

phil01 Jan 8th 2008 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo (Post 5759296)
Nope sorry. We use Telstraclear for phone and broadband and have sep account with Sky for tv. Would be good to hear how you get on with it though and if it works ok and the cost, is it much cheaper?

We were going to get Sky TV (all the packages which is 45.00 a month) but you can get broadband and telephone included for a total of 50.00, however, you do still have to pay for phone line rental through BT at 11.00 making a total of 61.00.

Having looked into it a bit more through USwitch we have decided to go to Sky for Tv and talk talk for phone and broadband unlimited Uk and international calls plus broadband for 20.00 a month.

Thanks for your replies!

Cram Jan 9th 2008 12:38 am

Hi,

I never had it myself but someone i worked with in the UK had it and he said the same thing.

simonmarkellis Jan 9th 2008 1:25 am

Hi,

WOuld have done had they been a bit quicker in advertising the service, as i joined TalkTalk's International 3 with broadband - good broadband, crap indian helpdesk service when it went wrong (which wasn't often)

banshigirl Jan 9th 2008 6:31 am

Hi Phil,

We have all ours with Telewest and they are doing a deal at the moment for telephone, tv and broadband for £30 a month for new customers.

Not sure if it is available where you are going but just thought I would let you know.:D