Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UK to NZ September 2010

Wikiposts

UK to NZ September 2010

Old Aug 8th 2010, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all
Default Re: UK to NZ September 2010

Unfortunately, we now won't be joining you guys in September, so we can come off the list.

We've taken the decision to postpone the move until November due to problems with our house sale, i.e. it isn't happening!

Fortunately, we have flexible flights, so we've re-booked.

It's disappointing to have to wait even longer, but I keep telling myself it's only 2 more months and it will be worth the wait!!!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your disappointing news.
It will be worth the wait though.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 10:24 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushmere
Unfortunately, we now won't be joining you guys in September, so we can come off the list.

We've taken the decision to postpone the move until November due to problems with our house sale, i.e. it isn't happening!

Fortunately, we have flexible flights, so we've re-booked.

It's disappointing to have to wait even longer, but I keep telling myself it's only 2 more months and it will be worth the wait!!!
sorry to hear that you get that sale soon

Dewb
Old Aug 8th 2010, 10:26 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

8th September Perry Groves (Welly)
10th Septemebr Jewelie38 (Auckland)
12th September Jack (Rotorua)
15th September Whinging Pom (Welly)
18th September Mrsrogercruse (Auckland)

Dewb
11th September rushmere (Auckland/Christchurch) Postponed for now
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

mumbee2 has a spectacular aura aboutmumbee2 has a spectacular aura aboutmumbee2 has a spectacular aura about

Hi all.

We are coming to Wellington the week starting the 21 September. Sorting out our flights at the moment.

Cannot wait to get our feet on the ground and start our new lives.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

donnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura about

Not sure if we count as we don't actually arrive until October, but we are setting off on 2nd September. Taking a long trip enroute across America. Think I'm excited or is that worried!
Old Aug 13th 2010, 8:42 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnisons
Not sure if we count as we don't actually arrive until October, but we are setting off on 2nd September. Taking a long trip enroute across America. Think I'm excited or is that worried!
Wow...good on you!! guess you might make it onto both Sept & Oct lists!
Some people just like to milk it!!.....lol
B x
Old Aug 15th 2010, 7:59 am
Scorchy legs

02nd September donnisons (Via USA) (destination?)
08th September Perry Groves (Welly)
TBC September Mumbee2 (Welly)
Dewb

Old Aug 16th 2010, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

mumbee2 has a spectacular aura aboutmumbee2 has a spectacular aura aboutmumbee2 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dewb09
02nd September donnisons (Via USA) (destination?)
08th September Perry Groves (Welly)
TBC September Mumbee2 (Welly)
Dewb

H all have confirmed date of departure as the 19th September 2010 we seem to have a very long travelling time 35 hours in total!! Which is going to be interesting to say the least. Looking forward to being in country very soon!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 5:26 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumbee2
H all have confirmed date of departure as the 19th September 2010 we seem to have a very long travelling time 35 hours in total!! Which is going to be interesting to say the least. Looking forward to being in country very soon!
Sounds about right....took us 39hrs Wellington (UK) to Wellington (NZ) on NZ1 via LA no stopover
Old Aug 17th 2010, 6:03 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

When we get there we have to catch a shuttle and a train!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dewb09
As June are all off now Time for September , anyone confirmed/planning ?

Dewb
You can add me to the list.
Flights booked and arrive in Wellington on 15th Sep, start work on 20th !!
Nowhere to live, and wife not out for another month.
At least I'll get to know the lie of the land before she arrives..

Whinging Pom, what are your plans for when you get to Wellington?? Let me know if you fancy meeting up for a drink.

8th September Perry Groves (Welly)
15th September Chrisjb (Welly)

Dewb
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
Yeah, come on Perry. I've booked my tickets now.

16th is still free... hint hint
Just updated the list,

I have flights booked and also arrive in Welly on 15th Sep .

Well technically I get to Auckland on 15th, but I need to get to Welly. I could get internal flight but baggage allowance will be blown as getting 50kg on emirates. Thinking of hiring car as will probably work out cheaper.

Anyway, my wife not out for 1st month, so I will be Billy no-mates, and definitely free on 16th if you are around in Wellington.

Just seen that Perry is also out the week before, so maybe we could organise something..
Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:13 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisjb
Just updated the list,

I have flights booked and also arrive in Welly on 15th Sep .

Well technically I get to Auckland on 15th, but I need to get to Welly. I could get internal flight but baggage allowance will be blown as getting 50kg on emirates. Thinking of hiring car as will probably work out cheaper.

Anyway, my wife not out for 1st month, so I will be Billy no-mates, and definitely free on 16th if you are around in Wellington.

Just seen that Perry is also out the week before, so maybe we could organise something..
Yeah, I'd be up for something. That said, my first priority on arrival will be staying awake long to eat before I crash out! After the last trip we wandered aimlessly up and down Cuba street like a pair of zombies in the evening trying to remember why we'd not gone to bed.

I'm staying in Plimmerton initially, but it's allegedly only 20 minutes on the train from the CBD.

Just reading the posts I've noticed we have a slight arrival versus departure confusion going on. I depart on the 15th and arrive on the 17th.

Dewb are these supposed to be arrival or departure dates ???
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:28 pm
Scorchy legs

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
Dewb are these supposed to be arrival or departure dates ???
Departure dates, sorry been off galavanting around grief duly taken

Dewb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.