UK - NZ Late 2017

Old Mar 30th 2017, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Mightymurph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK - NZ Late 2017

Hi Everyone,
I have just joined this forum. I am about 6-8 months from migration to New Zealand from England.
I'm planning to apply for a 23month WHV around late Sept after I have saved lots of cash

Just wanted to say a quick Hi. I'll be checking out the posts about CV's and job hunting in the next few weeks.

If anyone has any advice on Bank Accounts that would be really helpful too

Be Safe
Stephen
Old Mar 30th 2017, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK - NZ Late 2017

Welcome Stephen - I think the banks are all much of a muchness and offer the same range of banky things that you would expect. The only thing to watch out for is the fees - quite a few offer free banking provided you're doing everything online but may be prone to stripe you up big time with charges if you dare to step foot in the bank or use the ATM to withdraw cash.

Savings & Everyday Transaction Accounts | Star Ratings 2016
Old Apr 14th 2017, 1:56 am
Just Joined

hedgewizard is an unknown quantity at this point

I found ANZ the most helpful to start with, since they have a migrant banking team - you can jump to another bank once you're here. I did an application online, was helped with the setup by the team in London, and assigned a member of staff in Palmy North branch (which happened to be the easiest one to reach when we made our penultimate visit) who helped us right through until we finally got settled with a local branch.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 2:51 am
Just Joined

ldn29m is an unknown quantity at this point

I found West Pac very helpful and I opened up an account a few months before coming here. To activate the account I just went into a branch and provided them with passport Etc. They were also very helpful at sorting out online banking etc the same day. This was In Auckland at a branch in Queen St.