Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UK to NZ January 2011

UK to NZ January 2011

Old Dec 13th 2010, 5:02 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to NZ January 2011

Originally Posted by yorkylass
EEEEEEEEAK !!!

Wow only taken 1 week, thats fabulous. We may be there quicker than we think.

Hubby is putting all the Family visa applications in the post today and were told by Working in that they are currently taking 4 - 6 weeks. Planning to leave here mid January.

Andrea
8.1.11 AndyRuth & family arrive, heading for Cambridge
11.1.11 Louloumama & family heading for North Shore/Orewa
Mid Jan, yorkylass & family heading for Christchurch
TBC end Jan, chillyed heading for Blenheim

You're on the 'list' hope visa comes back soon !
Old Dec 15th 2010, 7:41 pm
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yorkylass
EEEEEEEEAK !!!

Wow only taken 1 week, thats fabulous. We may be there quicker than we think.

Hubby is putting all the Family visa applications in the post today and were told by Working in that they are currently taking 4 - 6 weeks. Planning to leave here mid January.

Andrea
Make the most its your last Xmas in the UK

Bring all you can plus suntan cream
Old Dec 15th 2010, 9:54 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

AndyRuth & Louloumama........Time to start counting the number of 'sleeps'!!

Hope you're enjoying the seasonal joy of these last weeks before you fly out......don't feel guilty!! and beware of the emotional ups and downs......its normal!!
B x
Old Dec 17th 2010, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MnB

AndyRuth & Louloumama........Time to start counting the number of 'sleeps'!!

Hope you're enjoying the seasonal joy of these last weeks before you fly out......don't feel guilty!! and beware of the emotional ups and downs......its normal!!
B x
Oh my . . that has really hit me.... and I just worked out it is only 25 sleeps

Am on an emotional roller coaster at the mo. . people keep saying "ooo i bet you are so excited" - well yes I have my moments but I also can't sleep properly, feel so guilty dragging the kids away from their friends/family . . . . can't help wondering if we are doing the right thing sometimes.

I know its normal and lots of others have felt the same - but I keep thinking no regrets, its an adventure, an experience - life is for living so lets just do it. still terrifying though !!!! xx
Old Dec 17th 2010, 5:28 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by louloumama
Oh my . . that has really hit me.... and I just worked out it is only 25 sleeps

Am on an emotional roller coaster at the mo. . people keep saying "ooo i bet you are so excited" - well yes I have my moments but I also can't sleep properly, feel so guilty dragging the kids away from their friends/family . . . . can't help wondering if we are doing the right thing sometimes.

I know its normal and lots of others have felt the same - but I keep thinking no regrets, its an adventure, an experience - life is for living so lets just do it. still terrifying though !!!! xx
I know, its very difficult to keep smiling, stay positive and feel the excitement when inside you're in pieces, you are so right to think of it as an adventure!! We've certainly got no regrets at having tried!! .... B x
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

chillyed is on a distinguished road

i had a viewing yesterday which was a suprise, and it looks like they're going to rent my flat fingers crossed

however i seem to be at the centre of a tug of war between my UK and NZ employers

none of them seem to think i might want to actually sort my life out before i go
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

RickAlbany is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louloumama
We're coming ........ count us in !!!!!!!

Family of 5 heading for North Shore/Orewa departing 11th Jan

Its a very scary ride this so better hold on tight !!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all and thanks B for keeping the thread going
We are a family of 5 on the North Shore so if you need any help/advice when you get here or just need some showing around give me a shout - al the best with the move!!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 6:24 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by chillyed
i had a viewing yesterday which was a suprise, and it looks like they're going to rent my flat fingers crossed

however i seem to be at the centre of a tug of war between my UK and NZ employers

none of them seem to think i might want to actually sort my life out before i go
Hope the viewers come good
Can guess neither employer has packed up and moved 12000 miles! hope you win the tug of war and come out smiling!!

Enjoy Christmas & take control in the New Year !!
Old Dec 27th 2010, 4:37 pm
MnB

It'll soon be January!!! Happy New year......
B x
Old Dec 28th 2010, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

robertandjackie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully off to New Plymouth on Jan 28 to start a new life with my family of 5. Waiting for Visa to come through and booking flights tomorrow. Any good airlines for a low price.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 10:47 am
MnB

Originally Posted by robertandjackie1
Hopefully off to New Plymouth on Jan 28 to start a new life with my family of 5. Waiting for Visa to come through and booking flights tomorrow. Any good airlines for a low price.

Welcome on board I've added you to the Jan list

Re: airline prices....check them all, even airline own sites, prices will vary according to route / stop overs etc. There used to be some 'codes' which would gain you extra baggage allowance or discount, not sure if there are any around now tho would be worth googling 'airline codes' or similar.
HTH B x

28.1.11 robertandjackie heading to New Plymouth
Old Dec 29th 2010, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robertandjackie1
Good Luck robertandjackie - welcome to the January gang. One week to go till the container arrives for packing and we seriously need to get our butts in gear

We fly out on the 11th and we booked back in October. My preferred choice would have been to fly Singapore airlines/Emirates but they were working out at around £1200 pp for return (as we didn't have RV then so couldn't book one way). We have booked with Royal Brunei airlines as for a family of 5 the price we found saved us over £1000 ...... no previous experience of flying with them so watch this space !!!!!

They have also let us have return tickets valid for a year . Not that we hope to use them but possibility me or hubby may have to "nip" back with possible family probs which are on the horizon.

Wishing you all well
Old Dec 29th 2010, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

tbromfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and my gf are flying out on 11th Jan, One way to wellington.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 10:03 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by tbromfield
Me and my gf are flying out on 11th Jan, One way to wellington.
Great! have added you to the list..... January's starting to shape up now, Happy New Year all!!

11.1.11 tbromfield & gr heading for Wellington
28.1.11 robertandjackie heading to New Plymouth
Old Dec 29th 2010, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future
Arrow Re: UK to NZ March 2011

ROLL UP, ROLL UP!!! all you January leavers....I need the date you are leaving and your NZ destination ...please!!
B x[/QUOTE]

Well, we are3...Julie, myself and the little one Lucy.We arrive for new Jobs in Hamilton in Mid March so we are on a tight deadline and looking here for packing cases. We need to be near a decent school and looked at Rotorua? We also need to rent 4 beds with a garage until we want to buy.............we decided to sell the cars and get new over there...can you bring in wines and spirits?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.