Reload this Page >

UK/NZ employment agents

UK/NZ employment agents

Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

larneylee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK/NZ employment agents

Hello,

I am presently trying to find a potential employer in New Zealand prior to making an application to NZ and I thought it would be worth a look into trying to secure an employer before this.

Are there any migration agents(here in the UK or NZ) or recruitment companies that have direct contact with companies and employers in NZ and are able to facilitate a visa etc at the same time?

Thank you
Lee
Old Dec 6th 2007, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK/NZ employment agents

What's your line of work?

Alison
Old Dec 6th 2007, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice

All that I can say is Lee, Do it your self and save about £2,500 -£3,000. As THATS ABOUT HOW MUCH IT WILL COST YOU. If you like PM me and I tell you what I did to find work.

Regards

Stan
Old Dec 6th 2007, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by littleal
What's your line of work?

Alison
I'm a plumber
Old Dec 6th 2007, 6:16 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by larneylee
I'm a plumber
Try here first
www.seek.co.nz

www.trademe.co.nz

and if you hang on long enough, BEVShere will point you in the right direction re your registration etc, or if you are the impatient sort, do a search at the top of the page for plumbing under the NZ forum

HTH
Sarah
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ta Sarah.

Hi Lee.
So , you are still keen to come eh?

You don't need an agent mate. You have us.

1] Where are you at the moment with your UK qualifications.

2] Where in NZ do you want to come

3] How close are you to arriving. It's been ages since I heard from you.

cheers
BEVS
Old Dec 7th 2007, 2:59 am
Just Joined

whirly has a spectacular aura aboutwhirly has a spectacular aura aboutwhirly has a spectacular aura about

BOB clark consulting in dunedin here,, he only charged me ythe grand sum of 338 dollars,, tht was about 4.5 years ago now but he found me a job,,, good luck and feel free to drop me a line on msn

<snippped>

Would be good to hear from some more british people

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 7th 2007 at 3:11 am. Reason: email address snipped out. Far better to send a PM with details.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 3:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We know Bob Consulting. They usually are at the UK expos and work the Work Otago stand.
Very , very keen to sign up all manner of tradesmen. First time that I ever heard of them charging someone . They should really get their fees through the employer, not the migrant.

Bob Consulting will help a bit with paperwork for work permits from what I have have heard in the past.

Thing is, plumbers are wanted everywhere. If he has the right qualifications and work exp and he has a PGDB assessment letter plus, if he is due here soon, then he can set up his own interviews with plumbing firms. He could then just fill in the work permit form and send it to NZIS for actioning.

Larney. You should also contact Wiz N Ton on this site re. work possibilities. He works Christchurch area.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by larneylee
Hello,

I am presently trying to find a potential employer in New Zealand prior to making an application to NZ and I thought it would be worth a look into trying to secure an employer before this.

Are there any migration agents(here in the UK or NZ) or recruitment companies that have direct contact with companies and employers in NZ and are able to facilitate a visa etc at the same time?

Thank you
Lee
there is a nz migration expo early next year (around april i think) Some employers and agents will be there...
any migration agent that promises to line you up with work should be treated very suspiciously.......id personally avoid them.
similarly, and employment agency that charges you something to find you work is most likely dodgy, and imo should be avoided..

good luck
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:55 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks,

Wiz'n'Ton here - well, the Wiz bit any how. I am based in Christchurch and represent a recruitment company (Select Industrial) here. As you will see from my posts and karma, I'm not here to make $$$'s, and my aim is to help people emigrate to NZ and not to make money from them. Instead, I make money from the companies that employ them.

However I am happy to try and help people who are looking at emigrating to the Canterbury region. So far I have been able to help four British emigrants and their families secure permanent work and emigrate to Canterbury, and I will try and help anyone else.

It's not all magic though - all four have taken it upon them selves to make a 'recce' trip to NZ to secure a job offer before submitting their EOI. I believe that it takes a lot of courage to make this decision, and have helped to organise their interviews and arrange their schedules - they then went on to sell themselves.

Agents may well ask you for money to do this. My advice is 'Don't pay'. The current unemployment rate in Canterbury, NZ is 3.8%. If you are literate, numerate, and have a strong work ethic, then there is work here for you.

I wish anyone looking to emigrate to NZ all the best of luck, and if I can help you at all then I will.

Rgds,

Wiz
Old Dec 7th 2007, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Hi folks,

However I am happy to try and help people who are looking at emigrating to the Canterbury region. So far I have been able to help four British emigrants and their families secure permanent work and emigrate to Canterbury, and I will try and help anyone else.
Hopefully that will be five next year Andy.
I'l see you in 08.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by newkiwi
there is a nz migration expo early next year (around april i think) Some employers and agents will be there...
any migration agent that promises to line you up with work should be treated very suspiciously.......id personally avoid them.
similarly, and employment agency that charges you something to find you work is most likely dodgy, and imo should be avoided..

good luck
Thanks 'Newkiwi' for the information. Have gone and booked myself to attend that expo next year.
Lee