UK to NZ December 2010

Old Nov 18th 2010, 5:03 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK to NZ December 2010

Originally Posted by yjx1nt7
So excited now 18 days and counting .
Can t wait to meet Harrogate girl Thanks for all your help xx
I am looking forward to your arrival I do hope you will love the house see you in 18 Days.XX

<wee snip>

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 19th 2010 at 12:06 am. Reason: Sorry but this would come under advertising on the open forum Link it to your sig instead
Old Nov 19th 2010, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all

Arriving in Auckland on the 16th of Dec!

Visa permitting we won't be returning to the UK.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Bikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really nice

Originally Posted by tbromfield
Moving from ellesmere port to wellington begining of january if everything goes to plan
Bet you won't miss Ellie Port!?? We came from Deeside, and don't miss it one bit! All the best with your move.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Bikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really niceBikerhippychick is just really nice

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
I am looking forward to your arrival I do hope you will love the house see you in 18 Days.XX

<wee snip>
Can you tell me what happened to the house in Oxford? My friend is now without accommodation and arrives in a fortnight - haven't been able to find her a rental as yet!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 9:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bikerhippychick
Can you tell me what happened to the house in Oxford? My friend is now without accommodation and arrives in a fortnight - haven't been able to find her a rental as yet!
I do not think this is the place to go into details but lots will be looking at this and as I feel so bad that I need to say the house was on the Market for Sale and Jo was fully informed of this and was so happy that we could help them out due to so little been on the Market for short term rent after the Earthquake.

The day I went to the office to get the house taken off the Market over XMAS to give them time to find a strong foot hold the agent advised me she had a fax offer and a cash salepossession 10th December wow!!!

Well this was such a shock it was a Total Clean Contract with $100.000 deposit But not what we was looking for due to the large short fall I said no, but would advise my other half.
I did as the offer was so Low we both agreed to take the house of the market on Monday Nov 29.

But two hours later!!! an offer arrived from them again for the full Purchase price we had wanted

As we have been in a loss with the house from the total building cost of three years ago and running at a loss each month we just could not say no.

I then had the worst weekend of my life to have to tell some family that the house had been sold.

I shed some tears due to how bad we felt and how could we do this to a wonderful family just starting a new life, after all we have the points also for the big move to NZ.
I Spent the weekend Looking at new homes for them even one builder was to pull the stops out to let them have a new house but it was not in Oxford.

Well to cut the tale its sorted the house they will be getting is in Coopers Creak 6k from Oxford.
I went to look at it to day for them and advised them what work needs to be done before they arrive and advised the agent also.

I still have Real Estate agents that I have worked with in the past still looking for them.

I have said sorry so many times but we had no choice.
All we can do now is help them out when they arrive and thats all arranged.

What should be a happy time for us and this young family, should now work out, we are not proud of what we had done but, Jo has been quite nice in the end and said they would have done the same xxx
Old Dec 8th 2010, 12:38 am
Newbie in New Zealand

Nelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to all

I do not think this is the place to go into details but lots will be looking at this and as I feel so bad that I need to say the house was on the Market for Sale and Jo was fully informed of this and was so happy that we could help them out due to so little been on the Market for short term rent after the Earthquake.

The day I went to the office to get the house taken off the Market over XMAS to give them time to find a strong foot hold the agent advised me she had a fax offer and a cash salepossession 10th December wow!!!

Well this was such a shock it was a Total Clean Contract with $100.000 deposit But not what we was looking for due to the large short fall I said no, but would advise my other half.
I did as the offer was so Low we both agreed to take the house of the market on Monday Nov 29.

But two hours later!!! an offer arrived from them again for the full Purchase price we had wanted

As we have been in a loss with the house from the total building cost of three years ago and running at a loss each month we just could not say no.

I then had the worst weekend of my life to have to tell some family that the house had been sold.

I shed some tears due to how bad we felt and how could we do this to a wonderful family just starting a new life, after all we have the points also for the big move to NZ.
I Spent the weekend Looking at new homes for them even one builder was to pull the stops out to let them have a new house but it was not in Oxford.

Well to cut the tale its sorted the house they will be getting is in Coopers Creak 6k from Oxford.
I went to look at it to day for them and advised them what work needs to be done before they arrive and advised the agent also.

I still have Real Estate agents that I have worked with in the past still looking for them.

I have said sorry so many times but we had no choice.
All we can do now is help them out when they arrive and thats all arranged.

What should be a happy time for us and this young family, should now work out, we are not proud of what we had done but, Jo has been quite nice in the end and said they would have done the same xxx
Hi Harrogate Girl

You shouldn't feel bad about this as you were trying to do a good turn but circumstances change and we all appreciate this. No one would blame you for agreeing to the sale in these tough markets - at least you can move on. And there are always plenty of other options for this family moving to NZ.

We arrived in Omokoroa 3 weeks ago - not where we planned to be but it was the only place we could find a furnished rental after a frantic search and appeal here on BE and as it turns out it is wonderful. By talking to local people we have now also managed to find a long term rental for when our furniture arrives in January really close to the beach. Everything happens for a reason and we believe we were guided here to Omokoroa as it is where we are now going to make our home.
Old Dec 12th 2010, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nelly Trolley
Hi Harrogate Girl

You shouldn't feel bad about this as you were trying to do a good turn but circumstances change and we all appreciate this. No one would blame you for agreeing to the sale in these tough markets - at least you can move on. And there are always plenty of other options for this family moving to NZ.

We arrived in Omokoroa 3 weeks ago - not where we planned to be but it was the only place we could find a furnished rental after a frantic search and appeal here on BE and as it turns out it is wonderful. By talking to local people we have now also managed to find a long term rental for when our furniture arrives in January really close to the beach. Everything happens for a reason and we believe we were guided here to Omokoroa as it is where we are now going to make our home.
Yes everything does happen for a reason. Hope you have a good first Xmas in NZ
Old Dec 20th 2010, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Achy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Achy
Job secured - start 10th Jan
Visa applied for

All being well we should be NZ bound between xmas and the new year.
All gone to rats poo!
Problem with wifes visa medical , so applied for work visa to ensure I started work on time , then immigration sent my medical report to assessor by mistake , now I have to get some consultant reports as well .
New employer has been very understanding but we just want to go now!!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 5:28 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

All gone to rats poo!
Problem with wifes visa medical , so applied for work visa to ensure I started work on time , then immigration sent my medical report to assessor by mistake , now I have to get some consultant reports as well .
You must be very p***** off!!
hope it gets sorted soon!!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 5:33 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to all those planning to leave a very snowy, cold UK in the remaining days of December. Best wishes for safe travels and arrivals in warm NZ!!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice

Hi everyone,
Well the adventure has started, we left our house on sunday in the snow and are now visiting the inlaws till christmas eve, we then go to my dads till the 29th when we set off for Heathrow. Awful watching the weather but hoping that the flights are moving by the time we need to go. Can't wait to get there now, said most of the goodbyes apart from immediate family, finished work and the boys have finised school.
Had an email from a lady who works at my new school in rotorua and we have agreed to rent her lovely house so everything is nicely fitting into place. Wondeful as we thought we were going to have to find somewhere when we got over there.
Hope everyone else leaving is having a good time, safe journey everyone
Helen
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

All gone to rats poo!
Rotten stinky luck mate.
Stick a new thread into Immy about the probs so we can follow how you get on. We can't help much but we can be there to support and some people have extensive experience of problems with medicals and the NZIS assessors.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by marbles
Hi everyone,
Well the adventure has started
Helen

Safe journey and happy landing Helen.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MnB
Good luck to all those planning to leave a very snowy, cold UK in the remaining days of December. Best wishes for safe travels and arrivals in warm NZ!!
What more can we all say ditto
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all

What more can we all say ditto
Hi All

We left LHR on the 14th (just after the 1st load of airport closures! and befor the 2nd lot) very lucky!

Arrived in queenstown for our wedding, safely altough felt like death turns out i had swine flu!!! One drip, lots of drugs and a med bill of just less than $500 an i was able to attend my wedding The day after we left queenstown there was a small land slide which completely blocked the road to the airport! lucky.

Finally here in Auckland now and loving it!

lets hope all the others headed out have some of my fluky luck! x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.