Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UK to NZ August 2011

UK to NZ August 2011

Old Jul 9th 2011, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

gaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nice
Default Re: UK to NZ August 2011

Originally Posted by BEVS
Crikey. There's hordes of you coming on out.
Any pets coming with you?
My dog Max will be joining us in October after his 6 months in UK. Dreading him going to quarantine!

Gaz
Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by gaz1277
My dog Max will be joining us in October after his 6 months in UK. Dreading him going to quarantine!

Gaz
Picture of international Max is compulsory.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 2:56 pm
Throw yourself at it...

VickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really nice

Hey.

After a slight change of entry option (was going for SM but could get enough points as don't have the tertiary quals, only professional quals which aren't recognised), I am in possession of a WHV and will be arriving in Auckland on 22nd August via a few days in Singapore!

Plans are to chill out in Auckland for a few days and then go car shopping before driving down to Chch to stay for a while and put something into the pot by way of helping out with the clean up / rebuild (not sure what I can do but happy to shovel silt for a while) before a bit of touring to enjoy some things I didn't get time to do last time and then depending on how it all feels, either back to Chch or Welly or Auckland to do the grown up thing and find a job with the aim of getting a firm permenant job offer so I can apply for either SM or WTR or something which means I can stay, if NZ and I are right for each other.

Really looking forward to meeting folk and hearing all sides of the story regarding life in NZ. I appreciate Chch has changed significantly since I was last there but I've always had a soft spot for it so we'll see...
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all

Hi all,

We (my husband, son and myself) fly out from Heathrow on 29th August and land in Auckland on 1st Sept' and will be settling in Auckland. Only about 49 days to go and so much to still sort out
Our daughter and granddaughter are staying in the UK but I will be counting down the days until they come out for a holiday and becoming overly au fait with Skype !
I can't believe it has taken so long to get to actually leaving as we started with our plans about 6 years ago and have had so so many twists and challenges on the way I could write several novels about it all !

Looking forward to heading into a NZ spring

Annabel
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, here's the latest;

4th July. NessD.Travels via Hong Kong & Brisbane.Arrives 31st August. (Rotorua).
2nd August. Gaz1277(&family). Arrives 4th August. (Dunedin).
2nd August. Thehortons. Arrives 4th August. (Auckland).
3rd August. MagpieandPoppy (Neil & Meena). Arrives ?5th August. (Wellington).
?5th August. CRAIKAM (Craig & Kris). Arrives 7th August. (Auckland).
7th August. Madcow38. Arrives 9th August. (Auckland).
? August. VickyVN. Arrives 22nd August. (Christchurch).
?24th August. Transientmum (Claire, Ben +3, puddycat to follow). Arrives 26th August. (P'ram, Kapiti Coast).
?27th August. D of DandJ May. Arrives 29th August. (Invercargill). A family re-united
29th August. Annabel1 (+hubby & son) At last!. Arrives 1st September. (Auckland).

I think that's it for now. Dehoram, I shall add you when you have firm dates. There are a few ??? in the list. Could you please give me the dates that are missing please
Old Jul 13th 2011, 10:51 am
Throw yourself at it...

VickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
OK, here's the latest;

? August. VickyVN. Arrives 22nd August. (Christchurch).

. There are a few ??? in the list. Could you please give me the dates that are missing please
[/COLOR]
Thanks for adding me Vitalstatistix.

Leave UK on 17th August via Singapore for 4 days.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 7:51 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

?27th August. D of DandJ May. Arrives 29th August. (Invercargill). A family re-united

Thank you Vitalstatistx, it can not come soon enough
Old Jul 17th 2011, 10:35 am
JH2
Just Joined

JH2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

My wife & I, and our two kids (Emma, 7 and Sam 3.5) leave the UK (goodbye !) on 2nd Aug and arrive in AKL on the 31st, after visiting friends in SQ, Bangkok, Perth, Darwin & Sydney. We'll be settling on the North Shore. Kids at Kristin and work in AKL. Wish the exchange rate would improve, but there is never a perfect time is there ? Kids excited and we are packing like mad. Container here on Monday.

Originally Posted by dehoram
Good luck JH2, let us know what the northshore is like as we'll be settling there as well. Our kids are 8 and 5 and we'll traveling via Bali and Sydney. Maybe our kids may end up at the same school!!!
I can tell you what the North Shore is like now ! I've spent about a month working there in the past year. Its great !! Fab beaches, nice people, good schools, quiet(ish) roads and easy access to downtown. There is a rush hour and some congestion - but compared to the UK its nothing. The only downside is its expensive real estate. When do you arrive ?

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 19th 2011 at 11:03 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

madcow38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by madcow38
Hi there,

We leave cheshire on the 7th August and arrive in Auckland on the 9th August, cannot wait xx

Slight change of plan, as hubby has already left and arrived in Auckland and is starting to sort things out, the Kids and I are going via Perth WA for a couple of weeks so won't actually arrive in Auckland until the 22nd.

It will be good as the flight is shorter, less time for the kids to kill each other but will be delaying getting to NZ and I am desperate to get there now
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 3:14 pm
Throw yourself at it...

To those en route currently, hope you're having a good journey. For those of us in our final couple of weeks or so - YAY!!!!

I'm really glad I'd read other postings about the emotional rollercoaster we go on when embarking on this, I've been a right mare at times over the last couple of weeks. Up and down like a yo-yo. I'm so excited though.

For those of us still here in the beginning of August, don't forget to set your alarm for 3am one night over the 11th - 13th August to catch the Perseid meteor shower as it's not visible from the Southern hemisphere so something you might not get to see for a few years.

Last edited by VickyVN; Aug 3rd 2011 at 3:18 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

gaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nice

Sat here in Dunedin after the epic journey from LHR via Hong Kong. All good, not as cold as we expected, spring round the corner. Good luck to those yet to travel.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 2:20 am
JH2
Just Joined

JH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gaz1277
Sat here in Dunedin after the epic journey from LHR via Hong Kong. All good, not as cold as we expected, spring round the corner. Good luck to those yet to travel.
Sitting in SQ with two severely jet-lagged kids (3 & 7). They are free to a good home (kidding). Good flight, and good kids - but you can't beat natures body clock.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 2:34 pm

shuglu72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we waved our container off last Thursday and moved out of the house...does that count as on our way?....... i've just been for my xray and medical so the Visa(partner one) can go in soon and as soon as thats back...i reckon Mid October we'll be booking our flight. The goodbye party is booked for early Oct so should be a clear run to the end of the month. Can't wait.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 8:59 am
Throw yourself at it...

Now sitting in Singapore, left dreary old rainy Blighty yesterday. Now about to hit the rooftop pool and bar and contemplate what I've done! lol

Can't wait to be back in NZ on Monday! Woop woop!!
Old Sep 1st 2011, 9:19 am
Just Joined

NessD will become famous soon enough

Finally here!!!
Happy days!
First day has been great and feel at home already!
Looking forward to the future.
Thanks for the support x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.