Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UK to NZ April 2010

UK to NZ April 2010

Old Mar 27th 2010, 12:46 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to NZ April 2010

Originally Posted by shelloid
6th April to Wellington

Not sure there's enough smileys to show how I'm feeling!

Just booked flights and got a well good deal through ebookers Saved us a grand on the Air NZ price, so can't be bad.
What can be bad is that we're having to go via LAX, which I had desparately wanted to avoid, but none of the other airlines would give us extra allowance
Hiya Shelloid
We flew via LA ....honestly wasn't as bad as expected, just be prepared for a queue, 2 hrs off the plane and then back on for a meal....if flying air NZ meals we had were brilliant. We flew on down to Wellington....word of warning check in staff at Auckland strict about weight of hand luggage, ours was over so had to check in for connecting flight.
B x
Old Mar 27th 2010, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Great another one for the list now do you mean you leave on 8th or at 8pm on ? or on 8th at 8pm

Guess your excited then
Dewb
April the 8th - pm (9pm to be precise!)
arrive on the 10th, 9 am.

yes, VERY excited. :scare dhair:
Old Mar 28th 2010, 9:45 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
Hiya Shelloid
We flew via LA ....honestly wasn't as bad as expected, just be prepared for a queue, 2 hrs off the plane and then back on for a meal....if flying air NZ meals we had were brilliant. We flew on down to Wellington....word of warning check in staff at Auckland strict about weight of hand luggage, ours was over so had to check in for connecting flight.
B x
thanks for the reassurance. Am I right in thinking that there's no shops or anything in the 'holding pen' at LAX? As in do I need to bother with any US$?
Yes we are flying Air NZ, which I'm quite pleased about as I've heard they're good.
Now just need to remain calm and not think about the flight - I HATE flying!
Old Mar 28th 2010, 1:59 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reassurance. Am I right in thinking that there's no shops or anything in the 'holding pen' at LAX? As in do I need to bother with any US$?
Yes we are flying Air NZ, which I'm quite pleased about as I've heard they're good.
Now just need to remain calm and not think about the flight - I HATE flying!
No you will not need any bucks. By the time you have queued to get off the plane and into the lounge, queued again to go to the toilet you will barely sit down and be boarding again. Tbh LAX is not a great airport anyway least of all the holding pen.

You will be fine, try not to think too much about the flight and more of what awaits you at other end

Dewb x
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:22 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto what Dewb says.....although when we flew I didn't notice very long queues for the washroom's, there are free refreshments..ie apples, crisps and soft drinks.....worth taking some crisps back on to flight for later when the nibbles strike
B x
Old Mar 29th 2010, 10:17 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Countdown is now on for you lot

06th Shelloid (Wellington)
08th Mudblood21 (Auckland)
22nd Steez1982 (Dunedin)
23rd LukeMainwaring (Destination?)

Dewb
Old Mar 29th 2010, 10:37 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

being top of Dewb's list makes it more real!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

JackandE is a jewel in the roughJackandE is a jewel in the roughJackandE is a jewel in the roughJackandE is a jewel in the roughJackandE is a jewel in the rough

It is so real...it's like standing in line and it's your turn to step into the time capsule that is what it will feel like in the airport...and when you take off it is still surreal........Yikes.... yes it is here.... happy to be on your way at last...and sad to say the goodbye's..........

So have a safe journey when it is your turn.........me I am flying back on the 4th Easter Sunday to the UK for a holiday with my buddies......weeee cant wait....but no doubt I will be ready to get back especially if the weather does not change for the better. Is anyone one else on this site going back on the 5th to see rellies?
Old Mar 31st 2010, 3:54 pm
Scorchy legs

18th Jack (Rotorua) *
22nd Steez1982 (Dunedin)

*I know its favouritisim but its a long story

Dewb

Last edited by Dewb09; Mar 31st 2010 at 3:56 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 3:56 pm
Scorchy legs

Old Apr 1st 2010, 3:40 pm
Scorchy legs

Enjoy last weekend Sheeloid & Mudblood21

Dewb
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

18th Jack (Rotorua) *
22nd Steez1982 (Dunedin)

*I know its favouritisim but its a long story

Dewb
I know Dewb! You just cant help but love him!!
Donna
XX
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobDon
I know Dewb! You just cant help but love him!!
Donna
XX
Yeah I am quite loveable.
(Jack)
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Enjoy last weekend Sheeloid & Mudblood21

Dewb
Thanks
Party at the local tomorrow night- I have been promised a Haka by some of the locals.

should be a giggle!
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 10:03 pm
Scorchy legs

Originally Posted by mudblood21
Thanks
Party at the local tomorrow night- I have been promised a Haka by some of the locals.

should be a giggle!
will expect pictures!

Dewb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.