British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Uk nurse registering with New Zealand Nursing Board (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/uk-nurse-registering-new-zealand-nursing-board-932080/)

Carol2612 Apr 6th 2020 1:29 pm

Uk nurse registering with New Zealand Nursing Board

Hello everyone

I am looking for a nurse who has recently registered with N ZNC. I want to register with the nursing board.However I do not have enough hours. I have about 850 hrs in one year. The website states 2500hrs.I have been a nurse for 10yrs. I did put nursing on hold to sickness but now recovered.

My question is what way does NZNC wants a proof I have done enough hours? Is through payslips etc or they take my word for it....Please help Carol

christmasoompa Apr 6th 2020 2:45 pm

Re: Uk nurse registering with New Zealand Nursing Board

Originally Posted by Carol2612 (Post 12834008)
Is through payslips etc or they take my word for it....Please help Carol

Hi, welcome to BE. I'll move your thread to the NZ forums, the Welcome Inn is really just a place to say hello and introduce yourself. The good folks in the NZ forums will be able to help you, but I think I can safely say they won't take your word for it! You'll need things employment contract, pay slips etc, to prove hours usually.

Best of luck with the move.

BEVS Apr 6th 2020 11:30 pm

Re: A Uk nurse with lupus

Originally Posted by Carol2612 (Post 12834031)
I registered nurse with 10 years experience. I was diagnosed with SLE in Systemic Erythomatous Lupus (2002) affected my lungs. I have interstitial lung disease treated and shrunken lung syndrome 2013.

Medication: Dihydrocodeine 60mg tablets QDS, Tacrolimus 1mg per day, Lansoprazole 60mg, Prednislone 7mg.

I have a British passport. I am 37 yes old.

What are my chances of getting a visa in New Zealand or Australia?

Regards
Carol

From what you write you would not meet the medical health standards for New Zealand . However it depends if you are looking at a permanent or temporary move.

escapedtonz Apr 7th 2020 2:08 am

Yep. You'll need hard evidence for sure and if the evidence you provide is not the original document - i.e. original payslip etc and just a photocopy, the photocopy will have to be certified (by a solicitor/JP/Judge etc).

BEVS Apr 7th 2020 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Carol2612 (Post 12834311)
Thank you for your response​​​​​​. I was thinking of applying for 2years working visa then afterewards apply for residence.

What are my chances with getting OZ residence visa with my medical history?

Again. This is for New Zealand, not Australia.
It is a job offer first before you can apply for a work visa. That job offer would need to be for the two years to gain that length of visa .
Are you perhaps thinking of a New Zealand Work to Residence visa ?

A temporary work visa wuld have differing health requirement criteria. It wold likely come down to costs to NZ for meds etc.
HOWEVER you would still need to show that you met the residency health standard requirement if you applied for that even after two years in NZ. From what you have written it is doubtful you could gain a medical waiver.

BEVS Apr 7th 2020 2:21 am

Just to help those who post only to the NZ board. This lady has an ongoing thread in the Oz forum also.

There are health issues to consider re the possibility of any visa.

Originally Posted by Carol2612
I registered nurse with 10 years experience. I was diagnosed with SLE in Systemic Erythomatous Lupus (2002) affected my lungs. I have interstitial lung disease treated and shrunken lung syndrome 2013.

Medication: Dihydrocodeine 60mg tablets QDS, Tacrolimus 1mg per day, Lansoprazole 60mg, Prednislone 7mg.

I have a British passport. I am 37 yrs old.

Regards
Carol

escapedtonz Apr 7th 2020 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Carol2612 (Post 12834008)
Hello everyone

I am looking for a nurse who has recently registered with N ZNC. I want to register with the nursing board.However I do not have enough hours. I have about 850 hrs in one year. The website states 2500hrs.I have been a nurse for 10yrs. I did put nursing on hold to sickness but now recovered.

My question is what way does NZNC wants a proof I have done enough hours? Is through payslips etc or they take my word for it....Please help Carol

The Mrs recommends you contact NZNC and ask the question. When she applied she used a specific letter off her UK district health board employer as the evidence of working hours / experience. At worst case the NZNC may ask you to complete a competency course if they dont accept the hours.

escapedtonz Apr 7th 2020 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Carol2612 (Post 12834031)

I have a British passport. I am 37 yes old.

Regards
Carol

Reply for NZ.
Nobody can give you that answer other than Immigration.
Because of your health status, any medical report for either a temporary or permanent visa would be passed to a medical assessor to determine if you meet an acceptable standard of health. This assessment is all about money and what you are likely to cost the NZ health system irrespective if you have health insurance or any other cover.....you basically cant opt out of care if your visa status gives you that care. An MA will determine prognosis, look at your medical history and meds and create a picture of what you'll need over the term of your visa. If it's in excess of the threshold it'll be a decline on the grounds of not meeting an acceptable standard of health. One major issue with the assessment is your meds. They might cost 10 x the price here which bumps up how much you are going to cost the NZ health system or they may not even be funded here. There may be other cheaper med alternatives but it isn't the MA's or Immigrations job to suggest a cheaper alternative to reduce or keep your costs down. The MA will just report on what they see on a medical report. You could do yourself a favour by doing some research yourself and working it all out with your own consultant so you have an idea of what an MA is likely to report back so you can compare. Because it is a cost thing you could be approved a temporary work Visa as the MA will only consider prognosis and costs for 2 years whereas a permanent visa will consider prognosis and costs for many years.

Carol2612 Apr 7th 2020 11:38 am

escapedtonz thank you for detailed information. I might ask my consultant to look into my medications. Might also apply for temporary visa instead of permanent residence.

Gill and Rob Apr 11th 2020 6:07 am

The NCNZ asks for "two years’ post-registration nursing practice as a registered nurse of at least 2,500 hours within the five years immediately preceding the date of the application". This means that some of those years within the 5 years you may have worked only 850 hours, but others you may have worked more than, to give you an average. You need a minimum of 2500 hours.

It may be that you actually do still fulfil the post-registration requirements.

Please send me a PM if I can be of further assistance.
Regards

Gill

Carol2612 Apr 11th 2020 9:17 am

Thank you Gill.

I will send you PM.

regards
carol