Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UK licence expired 3 months ago.....help!!

UK licence expired 3 months ago.....help!!

Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK licence expired 3 months ago.....help!!

Brush up on the road code,get down to the AA shop take 10 minute test its as easy as that. If you fail you know excatley what questions you got wrong and take it next day!!

Helen
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:14 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaz n Joolz
I could be wrong but if you've left NZ during that 12 month period then your 12 months starts again.

Karen
I looked into this and all of the sources I found said it was not true. But what if you come here on holiday two consecutive years for example. How would that work?

Originally Posted by Ash1
Hi ,

has anyone else overshot the 1 year period on their licence and if so what are the consequences and the best way to proceed?Been here 15 months.
Help
Ash
As far as I recall, when you go to the AA to get your kiwi licence they don't check when you entered the country. So just take the theory test and you'll be all sorted!!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:45 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RobClubley
I looked into this and all of the sources I found said it was not true. But what if you come here on holiday two consecutive years for example. How would that work?

As far as I recall, when you go to the AA to get your kiwi licence they don't check when you entered the country. So just take the theory test and you'll be all sorted!!
The date yopu entered NZ should be checked, some of the people in the aa shops and else where don't but they should, as it is entered into the NZ LTA database.
There is no penalty for converting your licence late (over 12 months in NZ) however if stopped by police and asked for your licence you are in trouble, cos you are an Unlicenced driver. Also should you be in a accident as an unlicenced driver and somebody is hurt, I don't think an excuse of 'sorry I forgot will work'.

BTW I have been stopped at routine police roadblocks and had to produce my licence twice. be warned
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:47 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
...BTW I have been stopped at routine police roadblocks and had to produce my licence twice. be warned
Interesting! I got stopped by a roadblock at Christmas but they were just breathalising everyone, not asking for licences etc.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:50 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Interesting! I got stopped by a roadblock at Christmas but they were just breathalising everyone, not asking for licences etc.
I've been stopped like that as well (is it me ) but the two time in question )once AKL and once welly they were checking everything, wof, rego and licence, breath etc and both were on small streets near two centres.

I've also seen them doing it in Main street here in U Hutt
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

When OH got stopped (by a female Police Officer), he was asked for his driving licence. He handed over his UK licence and was asked for his NZ address. After giving his address, she informed him that he entered the country that morning!!! The same Police Woman still waves to him.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:56 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky man - being stalked by a police woman. I bet he goes to sleep with a smile on his face.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 5:12 am
Just Joined

Beeka is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to take my test by August then.....

Those of you that did the theory - is it all common sense for a driver? Or do I have to go and re-learn all my stopping distances in feet & metres

First time round wasnt exactly fun!!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Liz & Co
When OH got stopped (by a female Police Officer), he was asked for his driving licence. He handed over his UK licence and was asked for his NZ address. After giving his address, she informed him that he entered the country that morning!!! The same Police Woman still waves to him.
Well Liz, you know what to buy a police woman`s outfit!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve and Julie
Well Liz, you know what to buy a police woman`s outfit!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I don't have to be wearing a Police outfit, for him to want to wring my neck!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Liz & Co
But I don't have to be wearing a Police outfit, for him to want to wring my neck!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:08 pm
Happy in Wellington

Originally Posted by Beeka
I have to take my test by August then.....

Those of you that did the theory - is it all common sense for a driver? Or do I have to go and re-learn all my stopping distances in feet & metres

First time round wasnt exactly fun!!

No stopping distances but there are questions on restricted licence driving hours and trailer lengths.
90% is common sense.

And there's the turning left rule of course!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

Look on the website it has all of the 200 questions most of it is common sense but there are a few different things as wof tyre tread etc.
When I did my test the lady asked when I entered NZ and checked it against my passport.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:02 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by minky
Look on the website it has all of the 200 questions most of it is common sense but there are a few different things as wof tyre tread etc.
When I did my test the lady asked when I entered NZ and checked it against my passport.
It's the common sense aspect I'm most worried about - if that makes up 90% I'm stuffed!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:48 am
Happy in Wellington

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.