UK Friends

Old Oct 25th 2011, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Friends

what Jan isn,t telling you is that we where both really good mates with her so she lost 2 mates wich must have been really hard, I think she should let it go and our mate might come good in the future

Neil
Old Oct 25th 2011, 5:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

and she knows I would help her fund a ticket to NZ
Noes. I know it's a lovely offer but folks have their pride n'all. She may well be letting you go fly as she feels she can't keep up? she obviously cares for you both.

I do hope she does come good my lovelies.

Meanwhile, I still say , keep the line open.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 6:11 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Jan n Neil;9693473]She doesn't answer the phone - nothing to do with me, she just doesn't, she stares at it to see who it is. I've seen this in the UK with her. My overseas number comes up with "not known" so she doesn't bother. [/

Well I'm upset that some of my family, my niece to be precise don't keep In touch hardly anymore, I find it upsetting that when I'm on facebook
She never talks to me or comments on my wall but she does to others? And we were very close, well I thought we was, plus hardly any of my family have the time to go on Skype.

Now friends that's another story! Luckily my
Best friend from the uk Is living in Napier.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Noes. I know it's a lovely offer but folks have their pride n'all. She may well be letting you go fly as she feels she can't keep up? she obviously cares for you both.

I do hope she does come good my lovelies.

Meanwhile, I still say , keep the line open.
I've done it before and she was fine with it
Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I find it too upsetting to stay in touch with overseas people.
My friend moved overseas in December and I was so devastated that I couldn't face talking to her until July. I haven't spoken to her since. I haven't returned her last email as can't put myself through the emotions right now.

It may appear that I am snubbing her but I am just too sad to hear about how her life is going on without me right now. Especially as I may not see her again.

It may seem selfish but ultimately I have to keep myself sane for my day to day living and my family. She certainly was an important person in my life and I love her and her daughter dearly but I can't do this with her right now.

Last edited by pricklykina; Oct 25th 2011 at 11:31 am.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 6:35 pm

I'm bring ignored on here too

Last edited by love30stm; Oct 25th 2011 at 6:37 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
what Jan isn,t telling you is that we where both really good mates with her so she lost 2 mates wich must have been really hard, I think she should let it go and our mate might come good in the future

Neil
A double blow do you have any mutual friends you can contact to check she is ok?

I have a close friend,not my best friend but definitely a close 2nd! We were great friends & colleagues back in my Cornwall days.. for 10 yrs..been through a lot together etc..when I moved to Yorkshire she seemed to let go of me but then I found out from her x that she had a terrible health scare. She contacted me once she had the all clear, just didn't want to worry her friends...she has since been to my wedding in Yorkshire we e-mail & she plans a trip to NZ

It is amazing how quickly the phone seems to be an outdated means of communication,good friends are definitely worth fighting for good luck guys
Old Oct 25th 2011, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pricklykina
Sometimes I find it too upsetting to stay in touch with overseas people.
My friend moved overseas in December and I was so devastated that I couldn't face talking to her until July. I haven't spoken to her since. I haven't returned her last email as can't put myself through the emotions right now.

It may appear that I am snubbing her but I am just too sad to hear about how her life is going on without me right now. Especially as I may not see her again.

It may seem selfish but ultimately I have to keep myself sane for my day to day living and my family. She certainly was an important person in my life and I love her and her daughter dearly but I can't do this with her right now.
I suspect you are not alone in this reaction hence why I said best to keep the lines open.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by love30stm
I'm bring ignored on here too

Who said that
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

What I thought was my "best friend" in the UK seems to very possibly have decided not to really engage with me since I left the UK - we last saw each other in June in the UK for a week or so and we had a lovely girlie hol in Edinburgh, but since then her contact has been erratic and I did sense that when we left in June she was very upset. She was the bridesmaid at our wedding here in NZ in 2010.

Conversely, a Brit at work has maintained a close friendship with her best girfriend 14 years after leaving the UK.

What are your experiences? Wouldn't mind some advice, wondering whether to pursue this, she is/was a really close friend.

Jan
I've had exactly the same experience with my 'best friend'. We would see each other at least once a week, more most weeks. She was even the first person to come out and visit us when we moved out here 2 years ago. Things were great right up until then. Once she went back to the UK I heard from her very sporadically and only when I had struck up the conversation and sent her an email or text.
More recently though I will try numerous times before I get any response from her and a couple of times we have arranged skype she doesn't show.

I'm amazed at who I have kept in touch with though. Old collegues and old uni friends have kept in touch much better than her, people who I saw maybe once a month back in the UK. It really makes you think about who your true friends are.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by faye_h
I'm amazed at who I have kept in touch with though. Old collegues and old uni friends have kept in touch much better than her, people who I saw maybe once a month back in the UK. It really makes you think about who your true friends are.
me too, interesting isn't it!!!

Jan
Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by faye_h
I've had exactly the same experience with my 'best friend'. We would see each other at least once a week, more most weeks. She was even the first person to come out and visit us when we moved out here 2 years ago. Things were great right up until then. Once she went back to the UK I heard from her very sporadically and only when I had struck up the conversation and sent her an email or text.
More recently though I will try numerous times before I get any response from her and a couple of times we have arranged skype she doesn't show.

Agree! People I hadn't seen so much I'm the uk have kept in touch with me, but in my case it's some of my family I'm surprised about?
Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:58 am

Meant to say in not I'm. Anyway its one way of finding out who your friends and close family are.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:47 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Who said that
Who said what