UK Credit Cards

Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:55 am
England til I die

UKGrant23 will become famous soon enough
Default UK Credit Cards

Hi

I'm living in New Zealand, although I'm still paying off a UK Credit Card. I'm wondering if there's any way of switching it to a 0% card as from what I can gather, you have to tell them your employment details, and I'm sure they wouldnt give me a card if they knew I'd left the country.

NZ credit cards are all at least 7% APR

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:22 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Credit Cards

I'd say get on-line and apply for an egg card www.egg.com with 9 months 0% on transfers (all done via internet), get it sent to a friendly... erm... friend in UK, and transfer to that.

We changed all our personal details to my parents address before leaving, so banks, CC's, driving licences etc are all still live and we still have a credit rating etc.

If you've done similar, then sweet... job done!

Good luck!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by UKGrant23
Hi

I'm living in New Zealand, although I'm still paying off a UK Credit Card. I'm wondering if there's any way of switching it to a 0% card as from what I can gather, you have to tell them your employment details, and I'm sure they wouldnt give me a card if they knew I'd left the country.

NZ credit cards are all at least 7% APR

Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi,
yes you do have to give employment details but they don't usually check with your employer, just check your credit rating and look at how long you been in that employment, so as long as they are ok you should be able to fool them into giving you a 0% card.
Debbie
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
I'd say get on-line and apply for an egg card www.egg.com with 9 months 0% on transfers (all done via internet), get it sent to a friendly... erm... friend in UK, and transfer to that.

We changed all our personal details to my parents address before leaving, so banks, CC's, driving licences etc are all still live and we still have a credit rating etc.

If you've done similar, then sweet... job done!

Good luck!
Good Tip - had not thought of that! thanks,
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Kiwi bank are doing a 4.9% card at the moment - I don't think it will be long before they do 0% here too