Reload this Page >

UK Child Support Agency!!!!

UK Child Support Agency!!!!

Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Happyhammer80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question UK Child Support Agency!!!!

Hi
Sooooooooooo, im sure its been asked before but need to ask for myself.
where do you stand if you pay CSA in the Uk but plan to move to NZ
Old Nov 19th 2013, 6:03 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Child Support Agency!!!!

thats an interesting question. Legally I have no idea, morally you should still pay/be paid. How you go about that may of course differ if the money is being collected at wage stage. Personally I would give them a ring and ask
Old Nov 19th 2013, 6:49 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm not sure what you mean by 'where do you stand'. The paying parent would need to make the appropriate arrangements to continue their part of the financial care of their child. That would happen through the CSA surely, or perhaps via a solicitor or the other parent direct.

CSA have a section for this. HERE and HERE

4. Other countries

The UK has agreements about recognising and enforcing child maintenance orders with over 100 countries. These are known as ‘Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders’ (REMOs).
Download ‘Countries with reciprocal maintenance arrangements with the UK’ (PDF, 41KB)

Child maintenance orders made by courts in the UK can be registered and enforced in these countries.
Child maintenance orders made by courts in these countries can be registered and enforced in the UK.
New Zealand is a reciprocating country.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'm not sure what you mean by 'where do you stand'. The paying parent would need to make the appropriate arrangements to continue their part of the financial care of their child. That would happen through the CSA surely, or perhaps via a solicitor or the other parent direct.

CSA have a section for this. HERE and HERE

New Zealand is a reciprocating country.
I think this works only if the arrangement has been made via a UK Court of Law, not if you have just been paying via the CSA.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Happyhammer80
Hi
Sooooooooooo, im sure its been asked before but need to ask for myself.
where do you stand if you pay CSA in the Uk but plan to move to NZ
I was in that position.
I paid child maintenance to the CSA and had been doing so for a number of years.
When I informed Immigration, I just had to declare that I had no intention of shirking my responsibilities.
I had to show Immigration all the details of the plan and arrangements I had in place to continue my payments.

Basically since I was not ordered to pay child maintenance in a UK court of law (it was just an agreement between me and the CSA), I could have come to NZ and simply disappeared and not paid. No government body or the law here could or would have done anything about it.

BUT............
In 2009, my ex wife (crazy person) went to the CSA again for more money and in the ensuing arguments between myself, the CSA, my solicitor and her I was advised by my solicitor to have a paternity test to ensure, beforer we enetered court or mediation that my then 9 year old boy was mine.
Was a strange thing to do.
Many of my friends and relatives thought I was mad, but for maybe 5 years previous I'd developed a tiny doubt that my son may not be mine.
It was just small things that I kept hearing about my ex. wife's escapades but I just thought I was being paranoid........Proved completely rational since we got divorced because of her improper escapades

Anyway, I insisted we carry on the process so the test kits were sent to my doctor and to my son's and ex wife's doctor.
I had my test within the next few days, then all of a sudden my ex wife point blank refused to have the test done for her or my son!!!

Now why would she do that if she's adamant he's mine ???

Because of this we had to go to court and she was ordered by a magistrate to have the test as well as our son.....3 weeks later the results are in - 99.98% I am not the paternal father to my son.

WTF!!!

Not a nice situation to be in. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, but sod all I could do about it.

Went back to Immigration and gave them the news. Sent them the results and the CSA payment issue disappeared along with the CSA payments I had been making for 5 years.

That was nearly 5 years ago and there isn't a day goes by that I wish I was still his dad and I was still paying CSA
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:29 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

awww poor boy. thats so sad. So you have no contact with him now??

Do you get the money you paid back?? Would seem only fair, well for the time you were not with his mother, but I'm sure not. But maybe would make mothers think twice about stitching men up
Old Nov 21st 2013, 1:53 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

What a damn awful situation.
Feel for ya mate.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 4:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

That's despicable behaviour but sadly as a midwife I saw a fair bit of it. I feel really sad for you & 'your boy' as you're obviously a very decent man.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
awww poor boy. thats so sad. So you have no contact with him now??

Do you get the money you paid back?? Would seem only fair, well for the time you were not with his mother, but I'm sure not. But maybe would make mothers think twice about stitching men up
I don't see him for obvious reasons as he's in the UK and I'm here.
We do message every now and then but only every couple of months I suppose.
Gonna message him now - thanks for that as I need to contact him more regularly.
He's not called me Dad since the results came through, even though I'm the only one he's ever known. He's growing up fast and really wierd to see him on facebook photos with my relatives back home as he now looks nothing like me or anyone on my side of the family.
He looks like a stranger to me!

Yes the CSA paid me back every penny I had given them - near GBP 16k and they also paid the 500 quid for the paternity test.
They then went to her to pay back the money although she couldn't as it was all spent so I think they cut her benefits............karma!

No idea how she thought it was never gonna be an issue. Now he's grown up, he even has a ginger tinge to his hair. Nothing remotely like me or any of my past/present relatives.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks people.
It was a damn awful experience. Still hurts like hell often, but I've never really worried about me. I'm an adult and should be able to come to terms with it.
My boy is the one I've been so worried about. Finding out your dad isn't your dad at 8 years old isn't good and I blame myself that it was my decision to find out the truth.
Not only that but he also realised that his grans & grandads weren't really his grans & grandads (my mum/dad divorced so he's 2 of each on my side) and also his aunties/uncles/cousins. Can't imagine what went through his mind and I also worried about him being bullied at school.
Remember school being a great time of life but kids can be so cruel with name calling. Didn't want him to be landed with new nickname just because of what I did.
Luckily he seems to have his head screwed on the right way and I haven't really have to worry as much as I have.
He's been dealt such a bad start from when he can just start to understand life at 8/9 years old.
His mother certainly has a lot to answer for

My side of the family still see him and look after him every week so I do get to hear what he's up to and how he behaves etc.

Amazing that for 5 years I had no end of crazy crap dealt out by my ex. and then when the truth came out.....nothing more than a single sorry. As if that makes it all better.

Dimwit! (family friendly spelling of this word!).