UK bank ISA

Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK bank ISA

So now the BoE has reduces interest rates AGAIN and this has had a drastic affect on savers. My cash ISA is now paying 1.25% which doesn't seem worth the bother of keeping money there.

Has anybody cashed in their UK ISA and was it easy to do from 12000 miles away? My online banking doesn't appear to give me the option of transferring from my ISA to my current account.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK bank ISA

Can you set up on your ISA account a transfer to your nominated bank account? I have this facility so that when I need to pay flight,container etc I transfer from the ISA to my bank and it takes 5 days for the transaction to clear.

Phyl x
Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
So now the BoE has reduces interest rates AGAIN and this has had a drastic affect on savers. My cash ISA is now paying 1.25% which doesn't seem worth the bother of keeping money there.

Has anybody cashed in their UK ISA and was it easy to do from 12000 miles away? My online banking doesn't appear to give me the option of transferring from my ISA to my current account.
We had a few ISA's which we had to freeze when we left the UK as we were no longer tax payers. We are just in the process of closing them so lets hope this is not a problem for either of us
Old Feb 6th 2009, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Good news - I spoke to my bank in the UK last night and they looked at my webpage and realised my ISA account is not visible so have now corrected that and I can indeed transfer out of that account into my current account.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Phyl x
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, my bank lied to me!!!! Now they are saying is not possible as all cash ISAs (with Nationwide) can only have money transferred IN by online or branch transactions, but transfer out needs to be done in a branch!

I was livid and have been emailing/calling their customer services for a few weeks now without getting anywhere except stock answers.

The only way I can get to MY money is to write a 'snail mail' letter to the branch explaining why I cannot physically come in and request that they transfer the money to my current account (with 60 days loss of interest) or close the account.

My advice to anybody still in the UK - check the terms of your ISA to know if you can do any online transactions!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

That's just cr@p isn't it? I have transferred money to and from my HBOS current account lots of times with Intelligent Finance ISA no problems. Just goes to show that all banks are different I suppose. And why should you lose 60 days interest as well? Best get rid of the Nationwide I say.

Phyl x