Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UK Airport Strikes

UK Airport Strikes

Old Dec 10th 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of
Exclamation UK Airport Strikes

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/video_popup_windows_skin/1498810
OMG, we're due to go back for a visit just after Christmas:curse: I'm sure this will affect many families if it goes ahead. Carol.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 9:08 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice
Default Re: UK Airport Strikes

That is based on a report over two weeks old. I dont think there have been any further announcements.
Still, no reason not to PANIC !!!!

I've just realised, the steam packet must have just arrived in New Zealand with the Newsreel
Old Dec 10th 2007, 9:14 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ned
That is based on a report over two weeks old. I dont think there have been any further announcements.
Still, no reason not to PANIC !!!!

I've just realised, the steam packet must have just arrived in New Zealand with the Newsreel
Don't mention the f***in steam packet lol
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

I believe the results from the BAA ballot are due on 20 Dec. Any strike action is expected to hit on 27 Dec, the day my flight is booked
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:41 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

The dispute is all because Ferrovial paid a bit too much for the BAA when they bought it, and are now trying to reduce their staff costs and future liabilities by closing the final salary pension scheme to new starters! All the major private companies have already done this. BA closed their DB scheme in 2003.

Last edited by Yotty; Dec 11th 2007 at 8:44 am.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by littleal
Any strike action is expected to hit on 27 Dec, the day my flight is booked
Mine too! Lets keep our fingers crossed then.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yotty
The dispute is all because Ferrovial paid a bit too much for the BAA when they bought it, and are now trying to reduce their staff costs and future liabilities by closing the final salary pension scheme to new starters! All the major private companies have already done this. BA closed their DB scheme in 2003.
Does this only affect BAA run Airports in UK?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jennifer45
Does this only affect BAA run Airports in UK?

In theory, but other airports may be hit as contingency plans are brought into play. Also some industrial unrest is going on with Virgin.

Alison
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah Virgin Cabin Crew are voting to strike or not, they go to SYD via Honkers.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 1:54 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yotty
Yeah Virgin Cabin Crew are voting to strike or not, they go to SYD via Honkers.
Previously when we have flown to NZ, Virgin flights have done codeshares with other airlines, such as Malaysian and Singapore Airlines, wwhen their flights have been half full, so don't worry too much.