Tvs

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

kimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to all
Default Tvs

What type of tv is compatable in nz? Can i just bring my tv from England as i have heard it might not work?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tvs

Originally Posted by kimberleyclarke2
What type of tv is compatable in nz? Can i just bring my tv from England as i have heard it might not work?
The one we bought from the UK didn't work even with Sky. It was a Toshiba one of those big bulky 32 inch screen. I have heard that some people have brought them from the UK and gone through Sky with no problems.We ended up buying a 42 inch plasma much to the OH's delight!!
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 3:56 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

As above. I believe UK TVs will work playing video/dvd as usual or via a satellite. But won't work with a normal ariel signal.

(treat yourself to a new one!)
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

kimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to all

We recently bought a new samsung tv and we rang up samsung and asked them if it would work and they said it would because it is PAL! Is that right or were they lying?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimberleyclarke2
We recently bought a new samsung tv ?
samsung tv = Korean tv haha
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

I wonder how many times this question has now been asked...........
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:06 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

Your TV will certainly work connected to the "Video out" and "Sound out" from a DVD player or from a SKY or FREEVIEW box.

It may or may not work for analog broadcast TV for two reasons.-

1 Broadcast TV in the UK is UHF, broadcast TV in NZ is spread across VHF and UHF.

2 Whilst both countries use PAL there is some issue with the sound separation

I'm told that most modern TVs can cope with this, but older ones may not

My advice would be to bring the TV and get a FREEVIEW box (Either Satellite or Terrestrial) when you get here. Trademe has loads of them for 70 bucks or so)

Hope this helps
Old Sep 24th 2008, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teambwr47
I wonder how many times this question has now been asked...........
Having done some quick research, I believe this is thread number 1,275,862 and a half