Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

TV3 News Reporting

TV3 News Reporting

Old Aug 7th 2006, 7:55 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light
Default TV3 News Reporting

I was watcin the News tonight on TV3. They were reporting on the court case in Norfolk Island relative to the murder of Janelle Patten in 2002.
For those of you who don't know, she was unfortunately murdered on Norfolk Island (the first murder there in 150 years). This particular island comes under the jurisdiction of Australia and she was an Australian citizen.
They are reporting it on TV3 (Kiwi news) because they are trying a Kiwi for her murder.
I'm not getting to the point but the way a jovial conversation between the reporter based there (kiwi) and the TV3 news studio report was tacked on the end of the report was disrespectful to Miss Patten's memory.

They were laughing about the way the judge decided to send people home early after he arrived 40 minutes late and his comments on how small the court room was. This was not relevant to that report would have upset me if I was one of Miss Patten's relatives.

Did anyone else see it? What did they think?
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all
Default Re: TV3 News Reporting

[QUOTE=mumomonty]I was watcin the News tonight on TV3. They were reporting on the court case in Norfolk Island relative to the murder of Janelle Patten in 2002.
For those of you who don't know, she was unfortunately murdered on Norfolk Island (the first murder there in 150 years). This particular island comes under the jurisdiction of Australia and she was an Australian citizen.
They are reporting it on TV3 (Kiwi news) because they are trying a Kiwi for her murder.
I'm not getting to the point but the way a jovial conversation between the reporter based there (kiwi) and the TV3 news studio report was tacked on the end of the report was disrespectful to Miss Patten's memory.

They were laughing about the way the judge decided to send people home early after he arrived 40 minutes late and his comments on how small the court room was. This was not relevant to that report would have upset me if I was one of Miss Patten's relatives.

Did anyone else see it? What did they think?[/QUOT

I didn't see the footage but will forward your comments to contacts in TV1 News.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:55 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=cottageinthesky]
Originally Posted by mumomonty
I was watcin the News tonight on TV3. They were reporting on the court case in Norfolk Island relative to the murder of Janelle Patten in 2002.

Did anyone else see it? What did they think?[/QUOT

I didn't see the footage but will forward your comments to contacts in TV1 News.

Thanks Cottage but it was TV3 I believe.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

[QUOTE=mumomonty]
Originally Posted by cottageinthesky

Thanks Cottage but it was TV3 I believe.
Yes, but you're going to get some interestin comments from TV1!!!
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:11 am
Member of Mumo-land

[QUOTE=cottageinthesky]
Originally Posted by mumomonty

Yes, but you're going to get some interestin comments from TV1!!!
http://www.tv3.co.nz/News/tabid/67/Default.aspx

this is the link.

I dunno it just seemed inappropriate the way she launched into it. Weird.