TV in New Zealand

Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

athena88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TV in New Zealand

Dont want to sound like too much of a telly addict but when I was last in New Zealand on holiday 8 years ago I remember the tv being absolutely terrible with more adverts than you can shake a stick at!
Is this still the case? Cant comment on satelite tv as I didnt watch any except for the rugby of course.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TV in New Zealand

Take a look Athena http://tvnz.co.nz/ and tell us what you think?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by athena88
Dont want to sound like too much of a telly addict but when I was last in New Zealand on holiday 8 years ago I remember the tv being absolutely terrible with more adverts than you can shake a stick at!
Is this still the case? Cant comment on satelite tv as I didnt watch any except for the rugby of course.
Yes GOD its awful, started a thread about this a few months back, jeeze! Was off ill from work for a few days last year, its even worse during the day!!

All I really ever watch now are The Simpsons, Family Guy, Top Gear and some other random stuff (usually made by the BBC!) when its on, like the lastest Michael Palin series...

As for the advertising, sheesh its sooooo bad, and for ad breaks every 8 minutes or something, I mean you get 3 ad breaks in a 22 minute episode of the Simpsons!!!!

Bring some DVD's!!!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: TV in New Zealand

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Yes GOD its awful, started a thread about this a few months back, jeeze! Was off ill from work for a few days last year, its even worse during the day!!

All I really ever watch now are The Simpsons, Family Guy, Top Gear and some other random stuff (usually made by the BBC!) when its on, like the lastest Michael Palin series...

As for the advertising, sheesh its sooooo bad, and for ad breaks every 8 minutes or something, I mean you get 3 ad breaks in a 22 minute episode of the Simpsons!!!!

Bring some DVD's!!!

Our daughter & family live in NZ and have sky but still feel deprived. If I see anything on in the UK I record it for her and post it on. At the moment I am recording Mistresses (BBC no adverts) which I think she will enjoy there are 5 episodes and will finish the week before we go to visit them so will take it with us together with other things I have recorded.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:01 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

*cough* Bittorrent *cough*
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RobClubley
*cough* Bittorrent *cough*
Sounds painful.

Wouldn't have the first clue how to go about that. Does it cost $$ ?

Telly here is a bit cr*p but you do get the odd viewing gem.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:56 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Sounds painful.

Wouldn't have the first clue how to go about that. Does it cost $$ ?

Telly here is a bit cr*p but you do get the odd viewing gem.

Like Outrageous Fortune!
Bittorrent doesn't directly cost but obviously you pay for the data you download.

I usually hit my 32Gb limit each month
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:59 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Bionic Woman starts on Sunday night and sounds interesting......
From the people who brought us the awesome, stupendous Battlestar Galactica!!!!!!!
Tuning in as it could be another Heroes
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Stef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud of

The ads are pretty annoying but there has been alot on just lately that I love to watch so I am not moaning too much at the moment. Lost is about to start again, Prison Break is on (quality programme!), Desperate Housewives, CSI, Law and Order, Bionic Woman may be OK...yes I need to get out more don't I?!?!

The daytime is crap though!!!

If you can get Sky I would recommend it if your not into any of the above programmes! LOL.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:04 am
Happy in Wellington

Originally Posted by lardyl
Bionic Woman starts on Sunday night and sounds interesting......
From the people who brought us the awesome, stupendous Battlestar Galactica!!!!!!!
Tuning in as it could be another Heroes

Hmm, nowhere near as good as Heroes, but I like it. Starring her from Eastenders!
The only problem is that it ground to a halt after seven episodes because of the writers' strike in Hollywood
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:31 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, nowhere near as good as Heroes, but I like it. Starring her from Eastenders!
The only problem is that it ground to a halt after seven episodes because of the writers' strike in Hollywood
bugger........is that what the "teaser" ad was all about??
......but it is not all bad after all - being that insey weensy bit behind the US?
hopefully we won't have as much time to wait for the rest of the series.....
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:40 am
Happy in Wellington

Originally Posted by lardyl
bugger........is that what the "teaser" ad was all about??
......but it is not all bad after all - being that insey weensy bit behind the US?
hopefully we won't have as much time to wait for the rest of the series.....
True! It's a bit annoying because we've been watching the new seasons of CSI, House, NCIS, CSI:NY, Shark, Stargate Atlantis, Boston Legal, Private Practice, Greys Anatomy etc.

All of these have pretty much stopped now. I suppose I couold watch them all again on NZ TV with ads and cut for violence (like Heroes was - pah!)

Last edited by RobClubley; Jan 31st 2008 at 1:59 am.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

House is my favourite at the moment. Didn't watch it when it was on telly but have been through all the dvd's and just watched the new series, up to episode 6 I think.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

And now they have axed it, oh well, what I saw of it was pretty rubbish anyway
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

I DO NOT watch TV at all in NZ because it's utter rubbish. No need for words to explain that. Hence I don't even bother buying a cr*ppy TV here (they're 20 yrs behind than the digital UK ones, perhaps?)

Who gives a toss, eh?

therefore my life is quieter here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.