Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

ON TV THIS MORNING - 'WANTED DOWN UNDER'

ON TV THIS MORNING - 'WANTED DOWN UNDER'

Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Matty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ON TV THIS MORNING - 'WANTED DOWN UNDER'

Hey, can someone upload the Hayward Family ep on youtube or something, I would like to watch it as I go to the same school as the oldest girl. She didn't want anyone of us school friends to watch it, but I would be intrested, I would have watched it this morning, but I was at school.

It will be ashame for her to be leaving the UK, but hey least i'll still be in contact with her - If she ever goes on msn.

But yeah, if anyone can upload that will be brilliant thanks

Last edited by Matty34; Jan 4th 2008 at 11:19 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:14 am
aka Mandie.H

11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Matty34
Hey, can someone upload the Hayward Family ep on youtube or something, I would like to watch it as I go to the same school as the oldest girl. She didn't want anyone of us school friends to watch it, but I would be intrested, I would have watched it this morning, but I was at school.

It will be ashame for her to be leaving the UK, but hey least i'll still be in contact with her - If she ever goes on msn.

But yeah, if anyone can upload that will be brilliant thanks
PM me your name and i'll let her know you're asking after her
Old Jan 5th 2008, 2:48 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Mandie, I'm with Sarah and would love to see the programme too, will have to ask mum to tape it for me next time.
I bet you are relieved now that it has been shown, and the excitement must be building now.
Good luck with everything, and best wishes to you all.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Better have that DVD in your suitcase Mandie....... I am gonna sell copies... you superstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mandie

I really enjoyed the programme. Your family were lovely. I watched it with my daughters and in-laws. I think your down-to-earth but beautiful daughters helped the way my 10 year old is feeling now. MIL thought Connie's boyfriend was handsome - how has it worked out with them?

All the best for the future.
Alison
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:53 am
aka Mandie.H

11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light

I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words...i was a bit apprehensive about how i/we would be perceived but it's all been good so far!

Connie and boyfriend are still going strong...he's even planning a trip out in july....not sure how i feel about that really!

when i watched the last series of the programme i seem to recall their only being included families with small children, that's one of the things i said in my interview for the programme that i felt that having older children would be of interest to lost of families...and with the feedback i've had that seems to be the case
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Dolly Daydream will become famous soon enoughDolly Daydream will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 11ThousandMilesFromHome
When we got on the programme every family was asked what they wanted in a house...I think the family who got the weird holiday let said they liked something quirkyand boy did they get it...and yes their new accommodation was paid for.

They edited loads of stuff out that i thought was more interesting and included the 'cable car tantrum' for good tv moment...we found out after that they were in a mood because the camera man was always in their faces with the camera and tried to 'put words into their mouths and directing the conversations to what topic they wanted

my girls were loyal though

Me and the girls leave the UK on the 11th Jan arriving in chch on 13th, Rick will follow once the house is sold...will go on the market as soon as he's finished the bathroom!

got car sorted thanks to Frenchy's OH
trying to get rental sorted...Gowhow looked at some for us
now just need to furnish rental once we've secured one
enrol into school
and do the million and one things on the list

my heads spinning just thinking about it all
Good luck to you all in New Zealand. Really pleased it worked out for you.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:37 am
Just Joined

treanor family has a spectacular aura abouttreanor family has a spectacular aura abouttreanor family has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Great show. Actually I don't mean that; Nadia adds very little value and the format is far too patronisingly simplistic to be taken remotely seriously. BBC please take note!

But the family were so lovely. As their friends & family messages reinforced. In fact I could actually relate to them as people which is rare for this show I think.

The main (only?) reason they aren't going is because the 13 year old couldn't face leaving her father (2nd family for the 'mother'), her mother wouldn't leave her behind and so won't put her in the situation where she needs to choose between her two parents. Very admirable. The 13 year old was a real credit to her parents and herself too I thought. I don't think it was for a free holiday. As the Dad summarised, it would be a great move for the long term but with some serious short term costs, namely for their eldest child. A bit sad. I really felt for them as they were such a positive down to Earth family.

Dunedin looked fantastic.
Originally Posted by Wessa
A good friend of mine has just gone back to Dunedin for good, it is a nice place.
We are in the same situation with a 13yr old who has here dad here too. He is Quite sensible and can see the bigger picture for our girl. My otherhalf said she would not go too if she thought the girl did not really want to leave her father too. We are all looking forward to us going out for two weeks in March, me to job hunt and them to satisfy themselves. Im positive we will all be impressed with what we see. We are very aware of the culture,wages, cost of living etc so it will be just the trip to decide for us.

Hi there its Jennifer here the "mother" in episode 1. Thanks for the lovely comments. We were all nervous about being on TV but feel the BBC did a great job and are very grateful for an amazing albeit exhausting and emotional experience. I am very proud of Lauren who was struggling at the thought of going. To be honest she loved Dunedin by the time we left and I think she would actually settle well if we were to move. I myself have had lots of reservations on return to the UK so we have no plans to move at the minute. Dunedin is an amazing place with very friendly people but the whole experience has really highlighted all the positives we have here.
Glad you enjoyed the show and good luck to the family going in March- you will love it.
Jennifer
x
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:02 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by treanor family
Hi there its Jennifer here the "mother" in episode 1. Thanks for the lovely comments. We were all nervous about being on TV but feel the BBC did a great job and are very grateful for an amazing albeit exhausting and emotional experience. I am very proud of Lauren who was struggling at the thought of going. To be honest she loved Dunedin by the time we left and I think she would actually settle well if we were to move. I myself have had lots of reservations on return to the UK so we have no plans to move at the minute. Dunedin is an amazing place with very friendly people but the whole experience has really highlighted all the positives we have here.
Glad you enjoyed the show and good luck to the family going in March- you will love it.
Jennifer
x
Hi Jennifer and welcome to NZ BE.
Have some karma as a HUGE BRIBE to get you to stay and share.

Like loads of us, I am in NZ and so have not seen any of the shows at all. I already knew of '11ThousandMilesFromHome' previous ups , downs and decison from reading forums.Like many , I have tried to follow their journey best I can. It is lovely to see it somewhat resolved. All fair play to them & I really hope they have a wonderful time when they arrive here. I think they have already made good roads into settling nicely.

Would you consider starting your own thread to share your experiences with us please?
That would be so good and I , for one, would be really pleased to be able to read your views , even if I cannot see your episode on the telly right now.

We are a very mixed but friendly bunch . Some are 100% NZ. Some are 0% NZ and most of us hover somewhere in the middle. I hover between 40% and 80% most of the time, depending on mood and all sorts of other stuff.

but the whole experience has really highlighted all the positives we have here.
This is interesting in itself & it would be lovely if you would consider sharing. To me , it is all about the right balance .

Mandy is moving here. You may have chosen not to. Both your views are so extremely valuable to any one person thinking of emigrating.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

pleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nice

How how this is not on BBC iPlayer
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:12 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treanor family
Hi there its Jennifer here the "mother" in episode 1. Thanks for the lovely comments.

Hi, Jennifer

What a nice surprise to see you here. You're very welcome and good luck with it all. I'm sure that whatever you decide will work out for the best since the communication lines came across as very open, honest and empathetic to each other on the programme.

If you have time and could post on your experience in Dunedin (& what you did when filming was over), that would be great.

Take care & happy 2008 - Carmen x
Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

treanor family has a spectacular aura abouttreanor family has a spectacular aura abouttreanor family has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Well just watched it on my Sling, but they want to stay in Scotland. I reckon they just wanted a free holiday.
Definately not for a free holiday! Wouldnt have put myself or my children through the emotional rollercoaster if we werent genuine. Very personal reasons for not going at this stage but LOVED Dunedin and the Kiwis and think we could and may @ some point in the future have a lovely quality of life there. Think the show does a good job although it is a superficial glance at the lifestlye. Anyway hope people enojyed the show and found it informative.
Jennifer ( Mum , episode 1)
Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Hi, Jennifer

What a nice surprise to see you here. You're very welcome and good luck with it all. I'm sure that whatever you decide will work out for the best since the communication lines came across as very open, honest and empathetic to each other on the programme.

If you have time and could post on your experience in Dunedin (& what you did when filming was over), that would be great.

Take care & happy 2008 - Carmen x
What a lovely welcome
Will be delighted to share our experience and will get typing properlly when I dont have Caitlin shouting in the background!
Happy 2008 to you too
x
Old Jan 5th 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, Welcome Jennifer. Hope things go to plan.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Hi Jennifer and welcome to NZ BE.
Have some karma as a HUGE BRIBE to get you to stay and share.

Like loads of us, I am in NZ and so have not seen any of the shows at all. I already knew of '11ThousandMilesFromHome' previous ups , downs and decison from reading forums.Like many , I have tried to follow their journey best I can. It is lovely to see it somewhat resolved. All fair play to them & I really hope they have a wonderful time when they arrive here. I think they have already made good roads into settling nicely.

Would you consider starting your own thread to share your experiences with us please?
That would be so good and I , for one, would be really pleased to be able to read your views , even if I cannot see your episode on the telly right now.

We are a very mixed but friendly bunch . Some are 100% NZ. Some are 0% NZ and most of us hover somewhere in the middle. I hover between 40% and 80% most of the time, depending on mood and all sorts of other stuff.

This is interesting in itself & it would be lovely if you would consider sharing. To me , it is all about the right balance .

Mandy is moving here. You may have chosen not to. Both your views are so extremely valuable to any one person thinking of emigrating.
Thankyou for the lovely welcome I will def start my own thread (when Caitlin asleep!)and share our experience, my pleasure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.