Dominion Bitter (DB)
0%
Other
28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

TUBORG BEER (Brewed in NZ!!!)

Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:08 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default TUBORG BEER (Brewed in NZ!!!)

I picked up a couple of 6 packs of Tuborg on special at a local bottleshop, and was amazed to see it brewed in NZ by Independent Breweries LTD (Who are they? What's their rep like?), under licence from Tuborg in Denmark!

I am now wondering if we will ever see the "genuine article" here or in NZ again? Thiss tuff tastes ok but I'm not that sure it reminds me of the original (mind you its been a while since I had the original).

Any thoughts anyone? What's your favourite brew (international and kiwi)?

I always liked DB, Steinlager, and Kiwi Lager, and those cans of DB Double Brown and the old, long gone, black cans of Lion Super.

International brews, I like Becks, Lowenbrau, Holsten Pils, Stella Artois, Tuborg, Carlsberg, Guiness, Kilkenny,Caffreys, Budweiser, Boddingtons and Bass (but haven't seen that in ages as well)
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: TUBORG BEER (Brewed in NZ!!!)

OH drinks VB (Victorian Bitter) Lots of it too He doesn't like the Kiwi Beer.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:39 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annaerb
OH drinks VB (Victorian Bitter) Lots of it too He doesn't like the Kiwi Beer.
I liked VB when I was about 13. Now I can't stand the stuff. maybe you get a better (export quality) version over there.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:02 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

I pretty much like all the ones on your list!

NZ beers were fine but you just need to remember that canned beer is invariably worse quality than bottled or draught.

Speight's is good stuff.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Don
I pretty much like all the ones on your list!

NZ beers were fine but you just need to remember that canned beer is invariably worse quality than bottled or draught.

Speight's is good stuff.
Yeh my best friend in NZ is now a speights fan. can even buy it here. Harder to get DB

Pity only got 15 options for the poll. I'd have liked about twice that amount
Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:59 am

ElizabethC is an unknown quantity at this point

Steinlager definitely for me. Just home from work and having a cold one as we speak. No mention of Monteiths (or Mac beer which I think was brewed in Nelson). I haven't tasted or heard of Tuborg.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

binman is an unknown quantity at this point

American Budweiser!!!! As Monty Pythons once remarked about US beer..' like making love in a canoe,f*****g close to water, it is my honest opinion that water tastes a lot better also. For those of you in the Auckland region that enjoy a fine real ale try Cock and Bulls 'fuggles' a traditional English real ale and pulled in the traditional manner but made here in NZ. Cheers binman
Old Mar 30th 2005, 12:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ElizabethC
Steinlager definitely for me. Just home from work and having a cold one as we speak. No mention of Monteiths (or Mac beer which I think was brewed in Nelson). I haven't tasted or heard of Tuborg.
Am dinking a Monteiths Black at the moment. Unfortuantely poll only offers 15 choices, i'd have preferred 30.

Thanks for everyone's answers
Old Mar 30th 2005, 12:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by binman
American Budweiser!!!! As Monty Pythons once remarked about US beer..' like making love in a canoe,f*****g close to water, it is my honest opinion that water tastes a lot better also. For those of you in the Auckland region that enjoy a fine real ale try Cock and Bulls 'fuggles' a traditional English real ale and pulled in the traditional manner but made here in NZ. Cheers binman
Then don't forget to vote for BUD in the poll
Old Mar 30th 2005, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

binman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Then don't forget to vote for BUD in the poll
Cheers binman
Old Mar 31st 2005, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Tooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud of

Gentlemen , are you aware that Stella and Heineken are brewed under license in Khyber Pass, Auckland. And all Londoners know what your "Khyber" is, and what comes out of it.

Unfortunately both beers taste nothing like the original- it must be the Auckland water.A reasonable drop of Kiwi made lager is Haagen Gold but you have to ferret around for it.

So I just struggle along with Becks or Amstel. Cheers!
Old Mar 31st 2005, 3:49 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

The big bottels of Stella you can get here used to be imported, so my other half used to buy those. Not anymore though and he was seriously cheesed off when they stopped. He is at the mo contemplating getting a few guys together and approaching a large bottle shop to see if there is any chance of importing a pallet of genuine Stella and at what cost!
I wonder should I be concerened at the lengths he will go to to get his hands on his fav beer!
Old Mar 31st 2005, 4:13 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tooanfrom
Gentlemen , are you aware that Stella and Heineken are brewed under license in Khyber Pass, Auckland. And all Londoners know what your "Khyber" is, and what comes out of it.

Unfortunately both beers taste nothing like the original- it must be the Auckland water.A reasonable drop of Kiwi made lager is Haagen Gold but you have to ferret around for it.

So I just struggle along with Becks or Amstel. Cheers!
Here in Central Europe the Stella is brewed locally, tastes good, and a half litre costs just 45p.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:02 pm
Born to run

d1eng is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Watt Dabney
The big bottels of Stella you can get here used to be imported, so my other half used to buy those. Not anymore though and he was seriously cheesed off when they stopped. He is at the mo contemplating getting a few guys together and approaching a large bottle shop to see if there is any chance of importing a pallet of genuine Stella and at what cost!
I wonder should I be concerened at the lengths he will go to to get his hands on his fav beer!
You cannot put a price on a proper stella. Tell your hubby that if I move locally to you I will chip in ! PRICELESS!!!
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:04 am
Just Joined

Carpezen is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you get any of these over there? Old Speckeled Hen, Boddingtons, Caffrey's, Tetley, Hoegaarden.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.