Tsunami warning

Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:19 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tsunami warning

I did scour the news last evening for the sight of a PJ clad family on the Mt Manganui hills but no sign.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:24 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I did scour the news last evening for the sight of a PJ clad family on the Mt Manganui hills but no sign.
there were a few odd looking and plainly mad people on the news waiting for the wave to hit but none of them looked quite as crazy as the Loolahs must be........

BYW, did anyone notice that the folks in the news reports based on the mainland seemed to be rather more dismissive of the whole thing and all they seemed to want to do was ride the tsunami on their surfboards...and in the end they were right.

Whereas us upstanding well adjusted folks on the NI were ...cough cough.... rather more sensible.......aside from the obvious exceptions......

Where is she BTW, did she need a medicinal brandy or three last night and had to take to her bed again??????/////////////
Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:27 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll have you know it wasn't just me ...

Other Loolahs ...
Old Oct 1st 2009, 7:44 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I thought I saw you on TV in a mobility scooter - not enough room in the Ute so I heard ??
but then she was far too coherent for a Loolah who had just been roused from her beauty sleep....
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:45 am
`

Twas just you. You woz not UP which meets with my approval.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:47 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

We had to "test" our emergency procedure in case of Tsunami at work as some Americans were freaking out...

Some took a cab to One Tree hill so they could be on higher grounds...
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:50 am
`

Originally Posted by Matewx
We had to "test" our emergency procedure in case of Tsunami at work as some Americans were freaking out...
OM Goodness. Woz they REALLY?
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:52 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

OM Goodness. Woz they REALLY?
Yip!!

I first was laughing (and pointing) at them.... Then I remembered that in the US when they get a warning it's for real... So no wonder they were freaking out... Not that am making excuses for them! lol
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:04 am
`

Originally Posted by Matewx
Yip!!

I first was laughing (and pointing) at them.... Then I remembered that in the US when they get a warning it's for real... So no wonder they were freaking out... Not that am making excuses for them! lol
Wot. Even in Colorado or Kansas
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:19 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl
I thought I saw you on TV in a mobility scooter - not enough room in the Ute so I heard ??
but then she was far too coherent for a Loolah who had just been roused from her beauty sleep....
Twas just you. You woz not UP which meets with my approval.
Methinks none of you were remotely worried about me.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Oooops, I've just read this thread with a little amazement...we've just got back from a few days in Papamoa, and this is the first I've heard about any tsunami threat.

Daughter aged 16 went ahead of us & arrived in Papamoa on tuesday evening, hubby & I had work on Weds and went over to join her Weds evening. We'd not had TV or radio access on at work, either of us, and there was no mention of the tsunami warnings on the car radio on Weds evening. So I just asked my daughter if she'd been aware of anything on Weds morning . "Well", came the reply, "I was in the garden, revising, with my i-pod on, and I saw this red & black helicopter over head, it was quite low so I waved at it. After that the neighbours on both sides went out, but I stayed in the garden and did some more revision ".
Apparently she did remove her i-pod later and noticed that it seemed very quiet locally, no car noises etc...but she was entirely oblivious to the whole thing.
All I can say is thank heavens that there was no tsunami in Papamoa....and you can bet there's going to be a serious talk in our house about checking out what's going on in case of low-flying helicopters
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:52 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Methinks none of you were remotely worried about me.
no Loolah we are worried about you ALL THE TIME........

boom-boom