Try anything!!

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Try anything!!

I am in NZ because (apart from wanting to be here) I sold my house to a complete starnger who was looking at it with interest from across the street.

I opened the front door, shouted to him it was for sale (as there was no notice board) and 6 months later they paid me £17.5k more than what the estate agent had said it was worth. We also saved a huge realtor fee.

Cue move to NZ. Our sale was pivotal to our move for a number of reasons. Having heard the story a US freind of mine just asked me out of interest did I know anyone who wanted to buy his house as NZ had not worked for them. I rang someone I knew who was looking for a house, swapped their phone numbers and they too had a sale a few months later. I did a similar thing for my neighbour.

My comments above re the poor poster who got discouraged by some really negative posting re her thread about a house for sale in France.

You go for it girl. You may just well sell it. I have had many, many opportunities arrive on my doorstep from the most unlikely places.

He/she who dares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:07 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Try anything!!

D'you know anyone who wants to buy a house in Glenfield?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joggerfan
So I am a poor poster now.

I believe in trying anything too but sometimes you have to try and be clever and take a rational approach.

Use your time and energy wisely rather than spraying bullets everywhere.
Re your comments above, the motto regarding glass houses and stones springs to mind. Your comment got a thread closed down. How's your howizter these days??
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:38 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Nice to see your keeping the gloves on.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
I am in NZ because (apart from wanting to be here) I sold my house to a complete starnger who was looking at it with interest from across the street.

I opened the front door, shouted to him it was for sale (as there was no notice board) and 6 months later they paid me £17.5k more than what the estate agent had said it was worth. We also saved a huge realtor fee.

Cue move to NZ. Our sale was pivotal to our move for a number of reasons. Having heard the story a US freind of mine just asked me out of interest did I know anyone who wanted to buy his house as NZ had not worked for them. I rang someone I knew who was looking for a house, swapped their phone numbers and they too had a sale a few months later. I did a similar thing for my neighbour.

My comments above re the poor poster who got discouraged by some really negative posting re her thread about a house for sale in France.

You go for it girl. You may just well sell it. I have had many, many opportunities arrive on my doorstep from the most unlikely places.

He/she who dares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hey Genesis how cool was that someone looking at your house from across the road. I believe in fate -fate takes us to many places we would not otherwise think of. Have you read The Secret or watched the DVD. Divine timing is what it is all about I think. We stumbled across our new home that we moved into 2 weeks ago - wasn't even sure we could afford it. Daughter saw it and we went to look at it with her - she hasn't sold her own yet and we were in a position to move. Looked small from outside but at 222 sq m it was huge inside -had everything we were looking for and is situated for all day sun. I think I should call it Serendipity! we even got a knock down price as it had been sat empty since last November due to the housing slump.

As they say "your wish is my command" what you wish for comes true eventually, if you wake each day thinking oh I hate this place and this house etc then that is what you are wishing for. If you wake and say hey this life is good and the house is great - that is what you are wishing for. Oh sorry I am rabbiting on now. Just wanted to say good post. Glad the other negative poster has been banned.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shirl
Hey Genesis how cool was that someone looking at your house from across the road. I believe in fate -fate takes us to many places we would not otherwise think of. Have you read The Secret or watched the DVD. Divine timing is what it is all about I think. We stumbled across our new home that we moved into 2 weeks ago - wasn't even sure we could afford it. Daughter saw it and we went to look at it with her - she hasn't sold her own yet and we were in a position to move. Looked small from outside but at 222 sq m it was huge inside -had everything we were looking for and is situated for all day sun. I think I should call it Serendipity! we even got a knock down price as it had been sat empty since last November due to the housing slump.

As they say "your wish is my command" what you wish for comes true eventually, if you wake each day thinking oh I hate this place and this house etc then that is what you are wishing for. If you wake and say hey this life is good and the house is great - that is what you are wishing for. Oh sorry I am rabbiting on now. Just wanted to say good post. Glad the other negative poster has been banned.

Fate has played a huge part in my life, right place right time aye? However I have many a time been at the wrong place at the wrong time..sometimes for years on end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When my 1st wife buggered off with a toy boy I was not surprisingly rather upset...the cloud eventually had a very silver lining..1st wife wanted no kids...11 years on I have met Kate (who I proposed to after 11days!!).....the most wonderful woman I have met and I have 3 awesome kids who give me so much raison d'etre.

And eventually I ended up where I really had wanted to be for the last 15 years!!!! Life is quite hard sometimes as a house dad but I would not swap it for ought.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Fate has played a huge part in my life, right place right time aye? However I have many a time been at the wrong place at the wrong time..sometimes for years on end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When my 1st wife buggered off with a toy boy I was not surprisingly rather upset...the cloud eventually had a very silver lining..1st wife wanted no kids...11 years on I have met Kate (who I proposed to after 11days!!).....the most wonderful woman I have met and I have 3 awesome kids who give me so much raison d'etre.

And eventually I ended up where I really had wanted to be for the last 15 years!!!! Life is quite hard sometimes as a house dad but I would not swap it for ought.
There you see the cloud had a silver lining. Look amongst the coals to find a diamond is what a friend tells me. There will always be one. Your first wife played a part in your film of life - she was there for a reason - why, you may not know, but one day it will become clear. There I go rabbiting again, it's the Secret to life. You have been here 15 years or married 15 years. My son is a house dad too waiting for his green card in the US!!! Now that's another story. Been there 2 years on a visa and can't work - go figure!! Wife works to pay the rent and bills but hopefully soon it will all work out.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

There you see the cloud had a silver lining. Look amongst the coals to find a diamond is what a friend tells me. There will always be one. Your first wife played a part in your film of life - she was there for a reason - why, you may not know, but one day it will become clear. There I go rabbiting again, it's the Secret to life. You have been here 15 years or married 15 years. My son is a house dad too waiting for his green card in the US!!! Now that's another story. Been there 2 years on a visa and can't work - go figure!! Wife works to pay the rent and bills but hopefully soon it will all work out.
Been here 3 years..wanted to be here since the early 1990s. Married for 8 years now with Felix 7 and the twins Elise and 'Bella 5. Fantastic, spirited children with REAL get up and go. I now know what total unconditional love is. Like all parents would die for them if I had too. Weird..almost a part of my life I almost missed as I didn't become a dad until I was 42.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:00 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Yes give it a go, try, spread your wings - it was meant to be for me also. Sold our house in UK within 3 week at only £2,500 below asking price. Looked at picture of the house we bought hated it and decided not to view. However we viewed the house opposite (did not know it would be opposite this house) and this one was open house at the time, thought why not while here and I fell in love with location, and potential of the house. Now have plans drawn up to extend, convert areas, build new garage etc. The hard work begins soon.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by howden40
Yes give it a go, try, spread your wings - it was meant to be for me also. Sold our house in UK within 3 week at only £2,500 below asking price. Looked at picture of the house we bought hated it and decided not to view. However we viewed the house opposite (did not know it would be opposite this house) and this one was open house at the time, thought why not while here and I fell in love with location, and potential of the house. Now have plans drawn up to extend, convert areas, build new garage etc. The hard work begins soon.
See lots of things just fall into place. We are where we are meant to me at this moment in our lives. Cool
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:57 pm
only love is real

clair73 has a brilliant futureclair73 has a brilliant futureclair73 has a brilliant futureclair73 has a brilliant futureclair73 has a brilliant futureclair73 has a brilliant future

When we were leaving UK our house was on the market, we brought our plane tickets before our house had even sold, just keep affirming it would sell a few weeks before we were due to fly out we sold it for cash and made 50k Whats ment to be will be. If things fall into place you know you were on the right track.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

jads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to all

Originally Posted by clair73
When we were leaving UK our house was on the market, we brought our plane tickets before our house had even sold, just keep affirming it would sell a few weeks before we were due to fly out we sold it for cash and made 50k Whats ment to be will be. If things fall into place you know you were on the right track.
I believe that too, everything has gone really well in our whole application to NZ, just one last thing (the house) and I think if its meant to be (4 viewings in 4 weeks) it will sell by October deadline!!!

Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick.................................. ..........................................:confu sed:........................................ ...........................................:c urse:.......................................Octobe r, too bloody late, back to the day job: